Emergency help is available if you or someone you know is in immediate crisis:
If there is an emergency on campus, call the Vanderbilt University Police Department (VUPD) at (615) 421-1911. (The non-emergency VUPD number is (615) 322-2745.)
If there is an emergency off campus, call 911.
If you or someone you know needs immediate medical assistance, they should visit the nearest emergency room. The closest emergency room to campus is the Vanderbilt University Medical Center Emergency Room located at 1211 Medical Center Drive, Nashville, TN 37232.
If you or someone you know needs to speak with a University Counseling Center professional immediately:
If you or someone you know needs to speak with a professional counselor immediately, the University Counseling Center offers Urgent Care Counseling during the summer and academic year. Students may call the UCC at (615) 322-2571 to speak with a clinician. If you are calling after hours, you will be transferred to an answering service with mental health providers on call.
- During the academic year (Fall and Spring semesters) Urgent Care hours are from 10:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday
- During the summer months Urgent Care hours are from 10:00am to 3:00pm Monday through Friday
Students should go to the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital (M-F, 8am - 11pm and Sat-Sun, 8am - 8pm) or to the VUMC ER for acute assessment and support if UCC Urgent Care Counseling hours are closed and it is an emergency.
If you or someone you know would like to speak by phone or text with a trained urgent care counselor, there are nation-wide services available:
Text VANDY to the Crisis Text Line at 741741 to communicate with a trained crisis counselor, from anywhere in the United States, anytime, about any type of crisis
- Students of color can also text STEVE to the Crisis Text Line at 741741 to speak with an urgent care counselor dedicated to supporting the mental health and emotional wellbeing of students of color.
- Call the Suicide & Crisis Lifeline at 988.
|Phone||Fax||Address||Campus Mailing Address|
|(615) 322-2571||(615) 322-1326||2015 Terrace Place|
Nashville, TN 37203
|Box PMB 407707|
- Clinical Services: Monday – Friday 8AM – 4:30PM
- Urgent Care: Monday – Friday, 10 AM – 4 PM
- Additional appointment times outside these hours by request
- After-hours, Weekends, & Holidays:
(615) 322-2571 (press #2 if you need to speak with a counselor)
Effective April 10th, 2023 the UCC will be swipe access for entry into our building as part of routine building updates. All faculty/staff and students will have swipe access for our building from 7:45 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). As a result, please have your Vanderbilt University Identification available to swipe into our building.
UCC clients can send secure messages to their providers on the UCC’s new online portal. Once you have logged in, select “Messages” — “New Messages, ” and select your provider from the drop-down menu to create your secure message.
Directions & Parking
- The UCC is located at 2015 Terrace Place. View larger map. Terrace Place is the street directly past the Baker Building off 21st Avenue South.
- Vanderbilt monthly parking is available on either side of the building and in the Baker Building garage across the street, located on Terrace Place.
- Short-term paid parking is available in marked spaces in the lot to the right of the building (pay by phone).
- There are pay meters located on the street on Terrace Place.
- Daily parking (for those with daily parking passes) is available across the street in Terrace Place Garage ($3/day).
This page was last updated July 2023