Emergency help is available if you or someone you know is in immediate crisis:
If there is an emergency on campus, call the Vanderbilt University Police Department (VUPD) at (615) 421-1911. (The non-emergency VUPD number is (615) 322-2745.)
If there is an emergency off campus, call 911.
If your or someone you know needs immediate medical assistance, they should visit the nearest emergency room. The closest emergency room to campus is the Vanderbilt University Medical Center Emergency Room located at 1211 Medical Center Drive, Nashville, TN 37232.
If you or someone you know needs to speak with a University Counseling Center professional immediately:
If you or someone you know needs to speak with a professional counselor immediately, the University Counseling Center offers Urgent Care Counseling during the summer and academic year. Students may call the UCC at (615) 322-2571 to speak with a clinician. If you are calling after hours, you will be transferred to an answering service with mental health providers on call.
During the fall 2020 semester, we encourage students to call the Counseling Center and our urgent care team will send a zoom link as soon as possible for students in the state of Tennessee. Students outside of the state of Tennessee will receive a phone call.
- During the academic year (Fall and Spring semesters) Urgent Care hours are from 10:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday
- During the summer months Urgent Care hours are from 10:00am to 3:00pm Monday through Friday
Students should go to the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital (M-F, 8am - 11pm and Sat-Sun, 8am - 8pm) or to the VUMC ER for acute assessment and support if UCC Urgent Care Counseling hours are closed and it is an emergency.
If you or someone you know would like to speak by phone or text with a trained urgent care professional, there are nation-wide services available:
Text HOME to the Crisis Text Line at 741741 to communicate with a trained crisis counselor, from anywhere in the United States, anytime, about any type of crisis
- Students of color can also text STEVE to the Crisis Text Line at 741741 to speak with an urgent care counselor dedicated to supporting the mental health and emotional wellbeing of students of color.
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
|Phone||Fax||Address||Campus Mailing Address|
|(615) 322-2571||(615) 322-1326||2015 Terrace Place|
Nashville, TN 37203
|Box PMB 407707|
Visit the Appointments page to schedule an appointment with a provider.
- Clinical Services: Monday – Thursday 8AM – 5PM, Friday 8AM – 4:30PM
- Urgent Care: Monday – Friday, 10 AM – 4 PM
- Additional appointment times outside these hours by request
After-hours, Weekends, & Holidays
- Fall Break, Thanksgiving Break, and Winter Break hours: 8AM – 4PM
- Call the urgent care hotline: (615) 322-2571. Your call will be answered by a mental health provider on-call.
UCC clients can send secure messages to their providers on the UCC’s new online portal. Once you have logged in, select “Messages” — “New Messages, ” and select your provider from the drop-down menu to create your secure message.
Directions & Parking
- The UCC is located at 2015 Terrace Place. View larger map. Terrace Place is the street directly past the Baker Building off of 21st Avenue South.
- Vanderbilt Zone 2 parking is available on either side of the building and in the Terrace Place Parking Garage, located on Terrace Place. Cross parking is also permitted in the Zone 2 lots during specific hours.
- Public paid parking is available in marked spaces in the Terrace Place Parking Garage located on Terrace Place; pay at the meter on the wall by the elevators.
- There are pay meters located on the street on Terrace Place.