Weekly Learning Roundtables
During the 2022-2023 academic year, all tutoring sessions will be held both in-person and online via Zoom.
Weekly Learning Roundtables are one of our many types of group learning support opportunities.
Weekly Learning Roundtables Fall 2022
- Sundays at 1:00 – CHEM 1601 Roundtable w/ Ysabel (in-person, Edgehill, FirstVU members only)
- Sundays at 4:00 – CHEM 1601 Roundtable w/ Paige (Online)
- Sundays at 6:00 – CHEM 1601 Roundtable w/ Mike (in-person, Commons Fireside Lounge)
- Mondays at 7:00 – CHEM 1601 Roundtable w/ Rishik (in-person, Commons Fireside Lounge)
- Wednesdays at 7:00 – CHEM 1601 Roundtable w/ Nathan (in-person, Commons Fireside Lounge)
- Sundays at 5pm – CHEM 2221 Roundtable w/ Paige (Online)
- Sundays at 4pm – CHEM 2221 Roundtable w/ Kenny (in-person Edgehill)
- Sundays at 8pm – BSCI 1510 Roundtable w/ Aashi (in-person, Edgehill)
- Tuesdays at 7pm – MATH 1200 Roundtable w/ Joe (in-person, Edgehill)
- Wednesdays at 6pm – MATH 1300 Roundtable w/ Joe (in-person Edgehill)
- Mondays at 7pm – ECON 1010 Roundtable w/ Kathleen (in-person, Edgehill)
Additional CHEM 1601 Roundtables
In advance of the first CHEM 1601 exam on Thursday, Sept 22 at 7pm, Tutoring Services has added in additional CHEM 1601 Weekly Learning Roundtables.
- Sunday, Sept. 18, 9:00pm at 1801 Edgehill with Cassandra
- Tuesday, Sept. 20, 9:00pm at 1801 Edgehill with Ysabel
- Thursday, Sept 22, 5:00pm at 1801 Edgehill with Alejandra
- Additional CHEM 1601 Roundtables may be added if demand requires. Please email us at email@example.com for more information.
All regularly scheduled Commons Fireside Lounge CHEM 1601 Roundtables and Online CHEM 1601 Roundtables are still available for students to join.
What are Weekly Learning Roundtables?
Weekly Learning Roundtables provide students with the opportunity to study regularly with dedicated peers enrolled in the same course as they work together to master course content.
During Weekly Learning Roundtable meetings, students work together with each other to answer questions and clarify course concepts. A facilitating subject tutor is present at all Weekly Learning Roundtable meetings to help assist working groups as needed. Through studying collaboratively, students improve their own understanding of course material while helping their peers do the same in a supportive environment.
How do I sign up for a Roundtable?
Weekly Learning Roundtables open for sign-ups 14 days in advance of the present date. Each weekly group is limited to 10 students, and sign-up is on a first-come basis.
To reserve your spot, elect “Schedule an Appointment” to log into our online scheduler. After selecting the “Tutoring Group Schedule” for the current semester, look for “Roundtable [Course Number] with [tutor]” within the next 14 days.
For an online session, see our Guide to Online Appointments for how to access the Zoom meeting for your group. Shortly before your roundtable begins, you will receive an email from one of our clerks with an intake form to be completed before or at the top of the meeting.
Group Appointment Limits
As per our Appointment Policies, group appointments can be scheduled via our online scheduler (WCOnline) up to 14 days in advance with a limit of one appointment per day and two hours of group appointment time per week in fall (three per week in spring).
These limits are independent of the number of individual tutoring appointments a student can schedule, and we encourage students to consider using both. That’s why Tutoring Services maintains separate WCOnline schedules for 1-on-1 and Group Study appointments, and students can easily switch between the one-on-one and group schedules from within our system.
Group Session Cancellation Policy
Note that our Cancellation Policy for Group Sessions is more strict than for individual tutoring sessions, requiring that group cancellations be made at least four hours before the start of the session. Failure to cancel group appointments at least 4 hours in advance is subject to our Missed Appointment Policy.
Don’t see any Weekly Learning Roundtable openings? Join the Waiting List!
Check out our Waiting List feature! To join the waitlist, just click on the “Waiting List” link in the bottom right corner of the day you need an appointment and sign up. You’ll be notified if a cancellation matches your specified parameters. (You must then still log in and reserve the appointment yourself on a first-come basis.)