Guide to Tutoring’s Online Scheduler (WCOnline)
Quick Page Navigation
Step 1: Accessing our Online Scheduler (WCOnline)
Following the “Schedule an Appointment” link visible throughout the Tutoring Services site will take you to the login page for Tutoring Services’ WCOnline scheduling platform.
If you have already registered an account, use your Vanderbilt email address and the password you created during your registration to access one of our online schedules (for instance, the 1-on-1 or Group schedules).
You will then be connected to Tutoring Services’ WCOnline scheduling platform where you can make, modify, or cancel an appointment and access online appointments.
New Users: Register an Account
On your first visit, you will also need to go through the quick and easy process of registering a new account in the WCOnline scheduler.
In setting up your profile, you will be able to decide how you want to receive alerts from us, whether by email or by text. (You can also return to and update your profile and contact preferences at any time.)
Switching between Schedules: 1-on-1 and Group Schedules
While you must select a particular WCOnline schedule–typically our current 1-on-1 schedule or Group schedule–in order to sign into our online scheduler, switching between schedules within WCOnline is quick and easy.
To switch between schedules (for instance, from 1-on-1 to Group), simply look for the drop-down menu to the right of the date at the top of the page. Open the drop-down menu and select your desired schedule.
Step 2: Scheduling a Tutoring Appointment (1-on-1 or Group)
Once you sign in, you will arrive at a page that displays all of our appointments for the current week.
You will see that open appointments appear as white blocks on the calendar, whereas blue blocks are already claimed or otherwise unavailable.
WCONLINE COLOR LEGEND:
White blocks are open and available to be scheduled
Blue Blocks are unavailable,
Yellow Blocks are Your Scheduled Appointments
The calendar navigation links at the top of the schedule will allow you to bring a particular date to the top of the display or to skip ahead (or back) by a week. Doing so will allow you to take advantage of our policy that appointments can be made up to 14 days in advance.
(Note that the option to make appointments will be locked until your desired appointment is within 14 days of the current date.)
Filter the Schedule by Subject
The “Filter our tutors by course” drop-down menu at the top of the page allows you to quickly find the tutor you need for the many STEM subjects our tutors support.
Select a particular course number on the drop-down, and the schedule will display only those tutors qualified to support that particular course.
Making an Appointment
Once you have found an open appointment for your desired course at a convenient day and time, you can book your appointment.
- To schedule a new appointment, click on a white “open” block to make an appointment, which will open a new window or tab for the Appointment form.
- Complete the questions in the “Appointment Form.” Be sure to include any specific topics you’d like to discuss with your tutor, select a Course Focus at the bottom on the form, and check the box indicating that you understand Tutoring Services’ Appointment Policies.
- Select “Create Appointment.” Doing so will confirm your tutoring appointment and generate a confirmation email (or text, if you selected this option in your profile).
- Your reserved appointment time will now appear in yellow (designated for “my appointments”).
NOTE: Students also have the option of sharing a tutoring appointment with a friend. For more information, see our Pair Appointments page.
Modify or Cancel an Appointment
To modify or cancel an existing appointment, simply return to the schedule and navigate to the day and time of the appointment. Click on the yellow (or red) appointment block to open the “View Existing Appointment” window or tab. At the bottom of the form, you will find the options to “Edit Appointment” or “Cancel Appointment.”
Keep in mind that our appointment cancellation policies differ between 1-on-1 and Group appointments. Although we ask that all cancellations be made as far in advance as possible, group appointment cancellations must take place 4 hours or more prior to the start of the group session.
The Waiting List Feature
Don’t see an appointment when you need it? We encourage you to use the the Waiting List feature in our online scheduler (WCOnline) to be alerted to openings on our schedule on a specific day or at a specific time.
Before signing up for the Waiting List, please note that the Waiting List only sends alerts—it does not reserve appointments for anyone. Once you receive a Waiting List notification, you must still log in and reserve the appointment yourself on a first-come basis.
To join the Waiting List:
- Click on the “Waiting List” link in the bottom right corner of the day you need an appointment and sign up.
- Note that you can specify start or end times or receive alerts for specific tutors or groups.
- Understand that the Waiting List sends everyone on the list an alert–either an email or text depending on one’s profile settings–when there is a new opening on the specific day for which they signed up.