Pair Appointments Option: Guidelines and Policies
Students have the option of sharing a tutoring appointment with a friend for a pair appointment (2 clients and 1 tutor). Both students must be enrolled in the same course and have similar goals for the session. Requests for pair appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance via our online request form.
Students will see the link to the Pair Appointment Request form within the WCOnline Appointment Window (pictured here) when reserving an appointment or later accessing a previously reserved appointment.
WHY REQUEST A PAIR APPOINTMENT?
As a student, requesting a pair appointment gives you the opportunity to learn alongside another student in the same course as you both work jointly with a tutor. Following the session, you and your fellow student will have a study partner with whom you can continue to work and study after the tutoring session is done. (We even recommend you consider talking with your tutor about the learning strategies that you and your friend might implement following the tutoring session!)
For Tutoring Services, your pair appointment request helps us reach more students, especially at times of peak demand, while also helping us promote the types of smart study partner relationships mentioned above.
Please note that requests for pair appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the appointment in question.
Confirmations and Reminders: The individual requesting the pair appointment and the fellow student being invited will receive a confirmation email at the time the request form is submitted and a reminder email the day of the appointment, each containing additional details about how the process will work.
PAIR APPOINTMENT GUIDELINES AND POLICIES:
- A tutoring appointment must be reserved in the Tutoring One-on-One Schedule prior to placing a pair appointment request. The request form cannot be used to schedule new appointments.
- Students should not place a request listing a fellow student as the invitee to a pair appointment without that student’s prior consent. Doing so may result in the loss of future appointment scheduling privileges.
- Both the student who reserved the appointment and the “invitee” (fellow student being invited) to the pair appointment must be enrolled in the same course and be willing to focus on similar goals for the session.
- Both students must still abide by Tutoring Services’ one-on-one appointment limits (one per day, two per week, with the option of scheduling a third pending appointment availability after the first two have been held). (See 1-on-1 Appointment Policies and Guidance elsewhere on this page.) Failure to abide by those limits may result in the loss of future appointment scheduling privileges.
- For all intents and purposes, the responsibility to attend the appointment as scheduled as well as the ability and responsibility to cancel the appointment, if necessary, remains with the individual who originally scheduled the appointment. The appointment cannot be transferred to the invitee as a 1-on-1 appointment. Likewise, in the case of a miss appointment, any penalties will apply to the individual who scheduled the appointment.
- Requests for pair appointments must be made using the online form at least 24 hours in advance (look for the link in the WCOnline appointment window as you schedule an appointment). We cannot guarantee our ability to honor pair appointment requests made less than 24 hours in advance.
- To cancel a pair appointment request or report an issue, please email the Tutor Support Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.