Our parent community is a vibrant and critical part of Vanderbilt’s story and success. From supporting your student throughout their time here to financial contributions that help provide essential programming, our parents bolster our community each day.
By being a Vanderbilt Parent Ambassador, parents can be involved where and when they want. We have opportunities in your local area, virtually, and on campus. We hope you will join our team!
Roles and responsibilities of a Vanderbilt Parent Ambassador
- Vanderbilt Parent Ambassadors are willing and interested parents or family members wanting to promote Vanderbilt and engage in volunteer opportunities.
- Minimum of one annual activity (host a Commodore Launch or parent social, assist with an Admissions yield event, etc.)
- Be a responsible and enthusiastic representative of the Vanderbilt brand and community
We hope you will want to join our team of outstanding parent leaders. Please reach out to our office if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up below.
"My best professional advice is to find an internship opportunity during college. My internship while at Vanderbilt was a game-changer. It gave me invaluable work experience, paved the way to my first job after graduation and, ultimately, my career. If you have the opportunity to offer an internship to a Vanderbilt student please do it! It's a tremendous way to complement their education and be an important part of their future."
Lindsey Howe Parham,
Class of 2027 parent
Volunteer with the Career Center
Parents can assist Vanderbilt students in the exploration of potential career paths. Whether it is through casual conversation or participating in a workshop, the internships and job opportunities provided are essential for our students.
- Hire 'Dores - Open doors in your industry by sharing job opportunities.
- Volunteer to be a guest speaker or panelist to provide advice and inspire students during events.
- Mentorship - Share your wisdom on your industry and provide valuable guidance on career paths.
Recruit the Next Generation of 'Dores
Wave the black and gold flag in your community and encourage future 'Dores to apply to Vanderbilt. And once admitted, encourage them to accept their offer of admission.
- Speak to prospective students and families at Vanderbilt & You events.
- Participate in Admissions panels and share your Vanderbilt experiences with prospective families.
- Reach out to prospective families and share your Vanderbilt story
Welcome and Wayfinding
Be a welcoming voice to incoming families and connect with other members of the parent community in your local area.
- Meet and welcome our incoming families to the Vanderbilt community at Commodore Launches.
- Greet families and answer questions during Move-In Day and parent orientation.
- Be a part of the biggest on-campus parent and family event of the year by checking in families during Family Weekend.
- Be an active member of the Vanderbilt Parent Facebook group welcoming our incoming families.
Connect With Other Vanderbilt Families
The Wond’ry Mentorship Program
Wond’ry Mentors are a network of entrepreneurs, executives, creatives, and forward thinkers eager to share their experience and insights with the Wond’ry ecosystem. Through the one-on-one, personalized guidance of a Mentor, participants gain access to years of expertise in the fields they hope to enter, need help in, or seek to hire from. Together we can make meaningful connections that lead to independent entrepreneurial, creative and/or innovative endeavors. The Wond’ry curates and encourages Mentors from all disciplines, industries, and fields of study. The needs of the Wond’ry’s talented community are extremely varied and call for wide-ranging expertise and passions.