EDI Trainings and Resources
Office for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (for faculty, staff, and post-docs)
The Intercultural Education and Outreach Team in the Office for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion offers a three-module workshop curriculum. These modules are as follows:
- Module 1 – Towards a Culture of Inclusion at Vanderbilt [Pre-requesite for any other workshops through EDI]
- Module 2 – Navigating Unconscious Bias
- Module 3 – Challenging Microaggressions
Our staff also offers custom-curated facilitations for groups that have completed Module 1. If our provided list doesn’t cover the training you seek, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation meeting with staff to discuss goals for custom-curated facilitations.
All training requests must be made at least 2 work weeks before your requested facilitation date.
*Request “Towards a Culture of Inclusion at Vanderbilt” here
Bishop Joseph Johnson Black Cultural Center (for faculty and staff)
- Community Cultural Wealth: Black Student Development Theory
*Contact Rechard Peel to request training.
Center for Teaching (for faculty and staff)
Office of LGBTQI Life (for students, faculty and staff)
- P.R.I.D.E Training
- Straight Facts about LGBTQIA Life
- Queer Teaching, Queer Thriving: A Learning Community on Inclusive Teaching for All Educators (Offered in partnership with the Center for Teaching. For grad students, faculty and staff.)
Student Center for Social Justice and Identity (for all students)
- Navigating Difficult Conversations
- Intercultural Competency
- Unconscious Bias
- Countering Colorblind Ideologies
- The Impact of Power and Privilege
- Ally and Accomplice
- Inclusive Programming and Diversifying Memberships
- Leading Holistically
- Advocacy and Activism
- Overcoming Imposter Syndrome
- Exploring Social Identities
- Race and Ethnicity
*Request an SCSJI training here.
Women’s Center (for student, faculty and staff)
- AAUW Start Smart Salary Negotiation workshop (Campus-wide workshop offered once a semester and in the summer. Also offered upon request.)
- Let’s Talk About Sex, Vandy (for undergraduates only)
- Feminism 101
- History of Women at Vanderbilt
Request any of the above four trainings here.