Identity Initiatives Overview
What are Identity Initiatives?
Identity Initiatives serve all students, post-doctoral scholars, staff, and faculty as resource hubs and support networks for institutionally under-resourced and marginalized communities at Vanderbilt University. Our existing initiatives are:
- AAPI for people who identify as Asian American and Pacific Islander
- InclusAbility for people who identify with visible and invisible disabilities, physical health conditions and diseases, mental health conditions, and neurodiversity
- IndigenousVU for Indigenous and Native scholars
- MilitaryVU for veteran and military scholars
- Network First Gen for first-generation scholars
- PersistVU for people with low-income
- SomosVU for Latinx/Hispanic people
- VUGlobalCitizens for people who identify as “International” or “Global”
*Click on each link or click on their header in the toolbar for more info on each Initiative.
2023 Graduation Recognition Celebrations
Congratulations, Class of 2023!
On behalf of the Intercultural Education and Outreach team within the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, we enjoyed celebrating this year’s cohort of students affiliated with five (5) of our Identity Initiatives.
Please click each link to find event photos from our two graduate recognition events:
EDI Graduate Recognition Ceremony (sponsored by InclusAbility, MilitaryVU, Network First Gen, and PersistVU) – held on Monday, May 1st at 6pm
VUGlobalCitizens Graduate Recognition Ceremony (co-sponsored by the International Student Council and International Student & Scholar Services) – held on Friday, May 5th at 5pm