Providing Special Access to a Quiz
There may be a situation where you want to grant a student Special Access to a quiz. This could include: Alternate dates, extended time limit, or increasing the number of attempts a student is allowed. You will locate the Special Access tool in the Restrictions tab of Quizzes. You can read about the Restrictions tab here.
If a student has an Accommodation through Vanderbilt’s Student Access Center that allows extra time on all quizzes, you can do that with the Accommodations tool.
Updated Spring 2021
Click here for a Printable Version
Provide Special Access to a Quiz
- Go in to Edit your quiz. Click on the Restrictions tab.
- At the bottom of the Restrictions tab, click Add Users to Special Access and select your criteria
- Change dates – allow a student alternate start, due, and/or end dates
- Allow more time – there are two options:
- Recommended Time Limit – the student will have no time limit, but will still see a timer for the recommended time
- Enforced Time Limit– the student will have a different time limit from other students
- Number of attempts – the student can have multiple quiz attempts. There is an additional option for the student to achieve a certain score to earn their additional attempts.
- After selecting your criteria, choose the student(s) receiving the special access.
- Click Add Special Access to save.
- Click Save and Close when exiting the restrictions tab.