Newsflash: Changes for Information Technology

Posted by on Monday, June 17, 2013 in archives.

Colleagues,

As mentioned in my earlier email regarding the University’s initiative to centralize information technology services and support, we know that as of July 1, Cory Wurst, Scott Rutledge, and Josh Cully will begin their transition to Vanderbilt Information Technology (VIT), and Mike Petruna will begin his transition to Web Communications in the division of Public Affairs.

In my email, I also mentioned a reception for those in transition. Although we’ll be sending a more formal invitation later this week, please put it on your calendar now: Friday, June 28, 1:30-3:30, in the skylight lounge outside 310 Sarratt.

We know that the top priority of those managing these transitions is that nothing breaks! So until we inform you otherwise, please continue submitting your trouble tickets via the form on Sharepoint (link at the bottom of this newsletter). When circumstances prevent you from doing submitting a trouble ticket, call us at (93)6-3728.

Pat Helland, Mike Petruna, and I will be meeting with the folks in Web Communications during the week of June 17 to begin examining issues raised by the transition. Later in the week, Pat and I will be meeting with Rich Germano, one of the University staff members overseeing the IT centralization initiative, again, to discuss issues and potential pain points in the transition.

After meeting with a group of DoS associate deans and senior directors, Dean Bandas will be meeting with the new Chief Information Officer to ensure that he is informed of the information technology needs of Dean of Students operations. So, although we do not have a lot of additional information of what things will look like three months from now, we do see that planning for transition is taking place in the immediate future.

I suspect that you have questions. I suspect that you have concerns. We will provide answers to your questions as we learn more, and, we will do everything possible to ensure that your concerns are addressed.

F. Clark