24-Hour Crisis/Support Hotline: (615) 322-SAFE (7233)
Click here for a one-sheet resource page on Vanderbilt University’s Sexual Assault Support & Resource Information VU Resource List (Students) and here to access the University Sexual Misconduct and Power-Based Personal Violence Policy in the Student Handbook.
Click here to view the Campus SaVE Act Policy for Faculty, Staff, House Staff, Postdoctoral Fellows or Trainees and here for the one-sheet resource page VU Resources List (Employees).
In an Emergency
The following services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- Project Safe Support Hotline: 615-322-SAFE (7233)
- Vanderbilt University Police: 911 or 615-421-1911
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center Emergency Services: 615-322-0160
- Nashville Sexual Assault Center Hotline: 1-800-879-1999
- YWCA Crisis and Information Line: 615-242-1199
Vanderbilt Project Safe staff are available at the Project Safe Center, 304 West Side Row, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Phone: 615-322-SAFE (7233)
Talk To an Advocate
Project Safe is committed to preventing all types of power-based personal violence (sexual violence, intimate partner violence, stalking, and identity-based targeting), helping those affected by power-based personal violence, answering questions, connecting members of the Vanderbilt community with on and off-campus resources, and more. Call the Project Safe Hotline, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to speak with a Victim Resource Specialist now.
Contact Us: 615-322-SAFE (7233)
File a Complaint
Vanderbilt strongly supports reporting of all sexual violence as a key component of its victim services, prevention and awareness efforts.
- Vanderbilt University Police Department
- Emergency: 615-421-1911 or 911
- Non-emergency: 615-322-2745
- Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action and Disability Services investigates complaints about violations of the sexual misconduct policy.
- Learn more about filing a complaint
The Project Safe Center is located at 304 West Side Row. We’re open Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. You may schedule an appointment or simply walk in. If you need to speak with a victim resource specialist outside of our business hours, please call the Project Safe Hotline at (615) 322-SAFE (7233). The Hotline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
For non-urgent matters or for additional information, please email us at email@example.com or call our office line (615) 875-0660.