New ASCEND Leadership Program
ASCEND is the pivotal leadership development program for the next generation of major campus leaders. Presented by the Office of Student Organizations and Anchor Link, ASCEND is a new semester-long, cohort-based program for rising juniors (current sophomores) who are rising leaders in their student organizations and governing councils.
Click here to learn more. Applications are due March 29th at 11 PM.
Now HIRING Undergraduate Student Staff Members
The Office of Student Organizations and Anchor Link is seeking two undergraduate student staff members to support student organizations and Anchor Link, Vanderbilt’s student involvement management system that helps students become involved on campus and manage their experiences outside the classroom. Anchor Link serves as the central calendar for student life and has groups for every registered student organization, residence hall, and living learning community on campus as well as a variety of university departments, programs, and resources. Click here to learn more.
Applications are due April 12th at 11 PM. Please click here to apply.
2015-2016 Student Org Registration
The 2015-2016 Student Organization Registration process opens Monday, March 9th. All organizations must renew their registration annually in order to be recognized by the University as a registered student organization (RSO). The deadline for renewal is Friday, April 10th. All organizations that registered in Anchor Link prior to March 9th, 2015 will need to re-register to be approved for the 2015-16 academic year. To learn about the benefits of being a registered student organization (RSO), click here.
Registration must be completed by an INCOMING officer who will hold their position in the 2015-2016 academic year. If you are an outgoing leader, please forward this message to newly elected President. If your elections are occurring after the registration deadline, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about how to complete the registration process, click here.
The Office of Student Organizations and Anchor Link strives to encourage co-curricular learning and personal development through intentional student engagement. Student Organizations and Anchor Link connects the campus community by highlighting opportunities for meaningful involvement and providing tools to help manage and track the co-curricular student experience. We support the mission-driven work of student organizations and seek to equip student leaders with vital skills and resources in order to make their organizations more effective, inclusive, impactful, and sustainable.
In order to support and centralize student engagement across campus, our office will:
- Oversee the registration process for Vanderbilt’s 500+ registered student organizations
- Assist student organizations with accessing and managing their finances
- Support the Activity Fee (AcFee) allocation process for student organizations
- Educate student leaders about Vanderbilt University policies and support compliance efforts
- Provide online resources to student organization leaders and advisors
- Oversee Anchor Link, Vanderbilt’s online student involvement platform, to provide tools for managing and tracking the co-curricular student experience
- Manage the event registration process and provide a centralized event calendar for student life
- Support the assessment efforts of the Dean of Students Office and campus partners through Anchor Link reporting functionality
- Manage the My Vanderbilt Experience program to provide a virtual framework for co-curricular engagement
- Offer opportunities for training and leadership development through the EMPOWER student leader workshops
- Directly advise Vanderbilt Student Government, the Black Student Association, and Dance Marathon
- Provide advisory support to various student organizations
- Conduct campus-wide elections such as Vanderbilt Student Government and Outstanding Senior
If you have questions about student organizations at Vanderbilt:
If you have questions about Anchor Link:
For staff member contact information, please visit our Meet Our Staff page.