How do I associate an assignment with a grade item?
When you create an Assignment in Brightspace, you may want to link it to the Grades tool. This will not happen automatically. You will need to create a Grade Item either A) within the Grades tool, or B) when you create the Assignment. We will cover both methods in this guide.
To learn how to create a Grade Item within the Grades tool, click here.
For a printable & shareable PDF version of this resource, click here.
Linking an Assignment to a Grade Item that has already been created
1) While editing your Assignment, scroll down to Evaluation and Feedback. Locate the dropdown menu for choosing a Grade Item.
Note: It’s important to make sure the point value in the Grade Item matches the point value of your Assignment.
2) Click on the drop-down menu and select the desired Grade Item. If something is greyed out, that means it is a Category. Only a Grade Item may be selected.
3) Be sure to Save before exiting the page.
Linking an Assignment to a new Grade Item
1) While editing your Assignment, scroll down to Evaluation and Feedback. Locate the link to create a New Grade Item.
2) This will open a pop-up window for you to enter your grading criteria. Be sure to scroll through all options and click Save.
It’s important to make sure the point value in the Grade Item matches the point value of your Assignment.