Sharing a Kaltura video with a specific person or with an entire class
Videos housed in My Media are only accessible to you unless you publish them to a course or share them with others. In this guide, we’ll review both options and how they can be achieved.
Share a Kaltura Video with a Specific Person
- Open Brightspace and navigate to the My Media tab from the homepage.
- To the right of the video you’d like to share, select the pencil icon.
- Select the Collaboration tab, then select Add Collaborator.
- Type the name of the user you’d like to share the video with in the box, then select the appropriate permissions. The permissions structure is as follows:
- Co-Editors can edit the video
- Co-Publishers can publish the video to other courses
- Co-Viewers can view the video
Add Kaltura Media to the Content Area
- First choose a module to put the video in. Here is a guide to walk you through the process of creating a module if you do not already have one.
- Click the Existing Activities button inside the module. Then select Add Kaltura Media.
- Click on the desired media from the list. You will now have a link to that video in your module for students to click on.
If you click on the link, you can edit the name of the video, add a description, add a due date, and see a completion summary just as with any other item in your Content area.
Publish a Kaltura Video to a Course
- Navigate to the course in which you’d like to publish your Kaltura video.
- Select the Media Gallery tab. If this tab is not visible, you may need to edit your course navbar.
- Select the Add Media button.
- Select the box next to the video(s) you’d like to publish, then click Publish.