In Spring 2017, the Writing Studio will begin the process of hiring Graduate Writing Consultants for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Current Submission Deadline: Friday, March 3, 2017 – 4:00pm
Interested candidates must provide:
- a letter demonstrating specific interest in and dedication to the teaching of writing
- a curriculum vitae
- a writing sample of no more than 20 pages
- a letter of recommendation from an adviser or other faculty member
- a statement from a departmental Director of Graduate Studies verifying availability for employment in the Writing Studio*
*Why we ask for this: Although most graduate fellowships allow students to take on an additional nine hours of work, all do not.
Applications can be submitted by hand to the Writing Studio (1801 Edgehill Ave., Suite 112) or via e-mail at email@example.com. (For email submissions, please include “Graduate Application” in subject line.)
For more information e-mail Gary Jaeger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GRADUATE WRITING CONSULTANTS
Time Commitment: 5-20 hours per week
The Writing Studio employs graduate students as hourly Graduate Writing Consultants. We hire every spring semester for the upcoming academic year. Below are detailed descriptions of each post.
HOURLY GRADUATE WRITING CONSULTANTS
Because the Writing Studio values the perspectives of writers in all disciplines, we are interested in recruiting consultants from departments and programs across the University. Writing consultants gain valuable pedagogical experience in the following ways:
- by holding one-to-one appointments with graduate and undergraduate writers,
- by facilitating workshops in undergraduate classrooms,
- by facilitating writing groups for graduate and undergraduate students,
- by organizing educational programming in an interdisciplinary center.
Starting salary is $13.00 per hour. Graduate consultants work no fewer than 5 hours per week and may work as many as 15 hours per week if their other departmental duties allow.