Campus Transportation and Safety Resources
Because the Writing Studio and Tutoring Services are open late Sunday through Thursday for our popular evening appointments, we want to make sure everyone is aware of the following resources for campus transportation and safety.
The VandySafe app (previously SafeVU), administered by Vanderbilt University Public Safety, is available for download on your smartphone through the Apple and Google Play stores.
As posted on the VandySafe page, the VandySafe app allows users to
- Contact VUPD via phone call or real-time chat
- Trigger a mobile Bluelight that shares your location instantly with VUPD
- Initiate a “Virtual Walkhome” where VUPD can monitor your walk home, to the car, or the office
- Submit iReports and crime tips
- View information about VandyRide (previously Vandy Vans)
- Access support resources, such as Facilities, EAP and Project Safe
- View emergency guides
- Much more!
We encourage everyone traveling to and from our locations in the evenings to consider using the VandyRide service, which operates from 6:00pm until 3:00am daily.
Via the VandyRide interactive map and associated DoubleMap app, VandyRide’s location along its route is now viewable on your computer or mobile phone, and you can even set up text message alerts to let you know when a Van will be arriving to your stop.
All traveling to and from our locations should also be aware that a walking escort may be requested, at any time, by calling the VUPS Communications Center at (615) 322-2745.