Scroll down for information and announcements about the Writing Studio events, first our ongoing event series followed by news of other events at the bottom of the page.
Dinner and a Draft is an opportunity for students to hear faculty talk about their writing and writing processes over a delicious dinner.
The Undergraduate Writing Symposium is an annual celebration of excellent writing by Vanderbilt undergraduate students.
On Writing is a series of conversations with faculty and other advanced writers at Vanderbilt about their writing practices. Conversations examine writers’ eccentricities and the ways in which a given writer generates ideas, cultivates a style, and responds to various writing situations. On Writing events are free and open to the public.
The Writing Studio’s dissertation writers’ retreats provide dissertating graduate students with time to work individually in a quiet, collegial atmosphere. We couple ample writing time with optional, one-on-one consultations and daily workshops meant to focus writers on their argumentation, chapter structure, and daily writing goals. We hold an annual week-long retreat during the summer and mini-retreats during fall and spring breaks.
Additional Event News and Announcements
- 2020 Morgan Award Winners Announced! (posted May 6, 2020)
- Summer 2020 availability: The Writing Studio is open May 4 through August 7! (posted April 30, 2020)
- Three-Minute Thesis (3MT) Workshop Friday 2/14 12:00pm (posted February 10, 2020)
- Spring Happenings at the Writing Studio (posted December 12, 2019)
- Research, Writing, and Relaxation Night at Central Library Monday, 12/2, 7-10pm (posted December 2, 2019)