Hiring Student Workers
Your Department HCM Specialist will process the hire in Oracle.
For current details on how to enter hires, rehires, change assignments, please see the resources in SkyVU.
Undergraduate and all International students are limited to a 19 hours per week, inclusive of all positions, while school is in session. Students may work up to 40 hours per week over holiday and summer breaks.
International students working at VUMC are restricted to positions that are serve the Vanderbilt University academics or directly serve students.
Graduate/ Professional students are limited to 29.5 hours per week, inclusive of all positions, while school is in session. Academic programs may have additional restrictions on maximum number of hours worked weekly. Students may work up to 40 hours per week over holiday and summer breaks.
All New Hire student employees complete
- W-4 Student workers may submit or update their W-4 information online by logging into the Oracle system, going to
Navigator, ME, Pay.
For Security reasons we cannot accept emailed or faxed forms.
- I-9 Process The I-9 must be completed prior to the student start date.
Please review the HCM Costing Guide for information on how to enter costing correctly.
Federal Work Study Assignment
Confirm the student is FWS eligible in HireADore by viewing their job application.
- Please keep a job description on file as Student Employment may contact you for a copy.
- Complete the hire process in Oracle. Once hire is approved by HR add the costing.
- The 2019 - 2020 FWS costing split will be 70% FWS and 30% Institutional.
2019 - 2020 FWS can be used for Hires & Rehires beginning August 1st-for monthly paid and August 21st or after for biweekly paid students. Any assignment changes (100% Institutionally paid to FWS) must coincide with pay period start dates; please use either August 11th or August 25th.
Project = 603191
Org = 26200
Expend = SalStud
Task = 1