Hiring Student Workers
Department HCM Specialist will process the hire in Oracle.
Hiring Remote Student Workers
please see more information click here
Undergraduate and all International students are limited to a 19 hours per week, inclusive of all positions, while school is in session. Students may work up to 40 hours per week over holiday and summer breaks.
International students working at VUMC are restricted to positions that serve the Vanderbilt University academics or directly serve students.
Graduate/ Professional students are limited to 29 hours per week, inclusive of all positions, while school is in session. Academic programs may have additional restrictions on maximum number of hours worked weekly. Students may work up to 40 hours per week over holiday and summer breaks.
Federal Work Study Eligibility
Confirm the student is FWS eligible in HireADore by viewing their job application.
- Please keep a job description on file as Student Employment may contact you for a copy.
- Complete the hire process in Oracle. Once the hire is approved through workflow, the HCM Specialist must add the FWS costing.
- The 2021 - 2022 FWS cost share will be 70% FWS and 30% Institutional. This is subject to change without notice pending funding availability.
2021 - 2022 FWS may be added to eligible student Hires & Rehires beginning August 1st-for monthly paid and August 8th or after for biweekly paid students. Any regular student worker assignment changes to a FWS assignment must coincide with pay period start dates.
FWS Costing String for 2021-2022
Please review the HCM Costing Guide for information on how to enter costing correctly.
Project = SFP_300937
Org = 26200
Expend = SalStud
Task = 1
All New Hire student employees must complete:
- W-4: Student workers may submit or update their W-4 information online by logging into the Oracle system, going to Navigator, ME, Pay. Then select Tax Withholding.
- I-9 Process: The I-9 must be completed prior to the student start date.