Hiring Student Workers
Your Department HCM Specialist will process the hire in Oracle.
For current details on how to enter hires, rehires, change assignments, please see the resources in SkyVU.
Undergraduate and all International students are limited to a 19 hours per week, inclusive of all positions, while school is in session. Students may work up to 40 hours per week over holiday and summer breaks.
International students working at VUMC are restricted to positions that are serve the Vanderbilt University academics or directly serve students.
Graduate/ Professional students are limited to 29.5 hours per week, inclusive of all positions, while school is in session. Academic programs may have additional restrictions on maximum number of hours worked weekly. Students may work up to 40 hours per week over holiday and summer breaks.
The I-9 must be completed prior to the student start date.
All New Hire student employees complete:
- W-4 - Deliver the completed W-4 to HR Processing, Baker Building, 10th Floor, 110 21st Ave.
- I-9 Process
Federal Work Study Assignment
- Confirm the student is FWS eligible in HireADore by completing a student search. See the July 2018 Newsletter for details.
- Please keep a job description on file as Student Employment may contact you for it.
- Complete the hire process in Oracle. Once hire is approved by HR add costing.
- The 2018-2019 FWS costing split will be 60% FWS and 40% Institutional.
- The 2018-2019 FWS POET (costing string) details are:
Project = GC_600749
Org = 26200
Expend = SalStud
Task = 1