Vanderbilt Undergraduate Summer Research Program
The Vanderbilt Undergraduate Summer Research Program (VUSRP) provides Vanderbilt undergraduate students with the opportunity to engage in 10 weeks (Monday, June 4 – Friday, August 10, 2018) of full-time research in collaboration with any full-time Vanderbilt faculty member. The goal is to encourage and enhance student-faculty mentoring and joint research efforts.
- The main component of the program is the scholarly work done by the Vanderbilt undergraduate student (VUSRP fellow) in collaboration with any full-time Vanderbilt faculty member.
- The VUSRP involves full-time work. Participants cannot enroll in summer session courses.
- Each VUSRP fellow will present their work during one of six planned informal seminar sessions.
- The program lasts ten weeks (Monday, June 4 – Friday, August 10, 2018).
- Participants will also present their work as a poster at the annual Vanderbilt undergraduate research fair.
- A $5000 stipend will be provided for each student, and a limited number of Littlejohn Fellow awards will also be made with a stipend of $6000.
- Vanderbilt undergraduate students can also apply to the 2018 ACCRE Scholars summer program. The ACCRE Scholars program includes a $5000 stipend for ten weeks of immersive computational research on ACCRE cluster resources. The ACCRE Scholars summer program will be run through the VUSRP and the applicants should indicate their interest in this program in the application. More information on the ACCRE Scholars summer program can be found here.
- All materials must be submitted through the InfoReady Review application portal by 12:00 p.m. (noon) (CST) on Friday, February 16, 2018. Please see this InfoReadyScreenshotGuide for helpful tips.
- Vanderbilt faculty may sponsor only two applications for the 2018 competition.
- Please click on the buttons below to learn more about VUSRP and how to apply.