Vanderbilt Undergraduate Summer Research Program
The Vanderbilt Undergraduate Research Summer Program (VUSRP) provides Vanderbilt undergraduate students with the opportunity to engage in 10 weeks (Monday, June 3 - Friday, August 9, 2019) of full-time research in collaboration with any full-time Vanderbilt faculty member during the summer. The goal of VUSRP is to encourage and enhance student-faculty mentoring and joint research efforts.
- The main component of the program is the scholarly work done by the Vanderbilt undergraduate student (VUSRP fellow) in collaboration with any full-time Vanderbilt faculty member.
- The VUSRP involves full-time work. Participants cannot enroll in summer session courses.
- Each VUSRP fellow will present their work during a roundtable presentation toward the end of the ten week session.
- The program lasts ten weeks, June 3-August 9, 2019.
- Out of 205 applicants, 87 awards were provided for the 2018 program. Students attended a series of workshops designed just for them and presented to their peers toward the end of the program.
- The 2019 VUSRP cohort will present their research at the Vanderbilt Undergraduate Research Fair on September 19, 2019.
- A $5000 stipend will be provided for each student, and a limited number of Littlejohn Fellow awards will also be made to exceptional applications with a stipend of $6000.
- Vanderbilt faculty may sponsor only two applications for the 2019 competition.
- Students who accept VUSRP stipends are required to:
- attend a spring workshop to review program logistics
- present at a roundtable discussion over the summer
- present at the Undergraduate Research Fair at Vanderbilt in September 2019
- Please click on the buttons below to learn more about VUSRP and how to apply.
- Please note that the application deadline for the 2019 competition was January 31, 2019