Application Procedure and Submission
The application for summer 2023 is open.
Please see the InfoReady Screenshot Guide for helpful tips.
- Applications must be endorsed by a faculty mentor. Vanderbilt faculty may support no more than two applications per competition.
- The application includes sections to be completed by the student and by the faculty mentor.
- Students should save and send a PDF draft of the personal details and proposal details sections of the application (click on the “PDF” button near the top of the application) when they send their faculty mentor the VUSRP Faculty Adviser Information and Acknowledgment Form.
- Once the faculty mentor completes and signs the form, the student is responsible for uploading a scanned PDF of the completed and signed form into the application.
- Responses should abide by word limits and/or space presets. Do not modify the space presets on the form in any way.
- The entire application, including the personal details section, proposal details section, upload files section (incl. completed and signed VUSRP Faculty Adviser Information and Acknowledgment form), and acknowledgment, must be submitted through the InfoReady Review application portal by the deadline: 12:00 noon Central time on Tuesday, January 30, 2023. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Submission of the application on time is the student's responsibility.
- Applications will be reviewed by a committee of faculty members, representing a broad range of academic disciplines. When writing the VUSRP application, assume that reviewers are not experts in your area of study.
- Reviewers will consider how proposals enhance joint student-faculty research and discovery, the extent to which the research setting and work plan meet a student's stated goals, and the role VUSRP plays in a faculty member's program of academic work and research.