Application Procedure and Submission
- Applications for summer 2021 will open November 2020.
- Please see the InfoReady Screenshot Guide for helpful tips.
- Applications must be endorsed by a faculty research sponsor. Vanderbilt faculty may sponsor only two applications per competition.
- The application includes sections to be completed by the student and by the faculty research sponsor.
- Students should save and send a PDF draft of the personal details and proposal details sections of the application (click on the “PDF” button near the top of the application) when they send their faculty sponsor the VUSRP Faculty Sponsor Information and Acknowledgment form.
- Once the faculty research sponsor completes and signs the form, the student is responsible for uploading a scanned PDF of the completed and signed form into the application.
- Responses to the application should abide by the word limits and/or space presets. Do not modify the space presets on the form in any way.
- Submission of the application on time is the student's responsibility.
- The entire application, including the personal details section, proposal details section, upload files section (incl. Official Vanderbilt Transcript AND completed and signed VUSRP Faculty Sponsor Information and Acknowledgment form), and acknowledgement, must be submitted through the InfoReady Review application portal by 12 p.m. CT (noon) on Thursday, January 30, 2020.
- Applications will be reviewed by a committee of faculty members, representing a broad range of academic disciplines. When filling out a VUSRP application, assume that reviewers are not experts in your area of study.
- Reviewers will consider how proposals enhance joint student-faculty research, the extent to which the research setting and work plan meet a student's stated goals, and the role VUSRP plays in a faculty member's program of academic work and research.