Application Procedure and Submission
The application for summer 2021 is closed. Check back in fall 2021 for details about the next application cycle.
- Please see the InfoReady Screenshot Guide for helpful tips.
- Applications must be endorsed by a faculty adviser. Vanderbilt faculty may advise only two applications per competition.
- The application includes sections to be completed by the student and by the faculty adviser.
- Students should save and send a PDF draft of the personal details and proposal details sections of the application (click on the “PDF” button near the top of the application) when they send their faculty adviser the VUSRP Faculty Adviser Information and Acknowledgment form.
- Once the faculty adviser completes and signs the form, the student is responsible for uploading a scanned PDF of the completed and signed form into the application.
- Responses should abide by word limits and/or space presets. Do not modify the space presets on the form in any way.
- The entire application, including the personal details section, proposal details section, upload files section (incl. completed and signed VUSRP Faculty Adviser Information and Acknowledgment form), and acknowledgment, must be submitted through the InfoReady Review application portal by the deadline.
- Submission of the application on time is the student's responsibility.
- Applications will be reviewed by a committee of faculty members, representing a broad range of academic disciplines. When filling out the VUSRP application, assume that reviewers are not experts in your area of study.
- Reviewers will consider how proposals enhance joint student-faculty research, the extent to which the research setting and work plan meet a student's stated goals, and the role VUSRP plays in a faculty member's program of academic work and research.