Undergraduate Writing Consultant Application Deadline Extended to Sunday, January 28
The Writing Studio is recruiting for the 2024-2025 academic year, beginning with our Undergraduate Writing Consultant positions. Read on for
- Our call for Undergrad Writing Consultant applications
- details about two January information sessions
- information for faculty interested in nominating their students for these positions
Call for Undergraduate Writing Consultant Applications for 2024-2025
Are you interested in joining a committed and engaged community of writers who work to support fellow writers?
At the Writing Studio, we are seeking undergraduate consultant applications from all majors and from students of diverse backgrounds, including individuals from underrepresented minority backgrounds and who are multilingual or who have experience supporting language learning.
Strong candidates will have excellent communication and collaboration skills and will be highly motivated and eager to continue learning and growing as a writer and consultant.
EXTENDED Application Deadline: Sunday, January 28, 2024 at 11:59 PM
To learn more and apply visit our Undergraduate Writing Consultant Position Overview.
Undergraduate Writing Consultant Information Sessions
- Wednesday, January 17, 6:00-7:00 PM, at the Writing Studio – RSVP in Anchor Link
- Tuesday, January 23, 6:00-7:00 PM at the Writing Studio – RSVP in Anchor Link
Join us for one of two information sessions in January 2024 to hear from current undergraduate consultants, to learn more about the application process and the job itself, and to get your questions answered and begin thinking critically about putting together a strong application.
Interested students are invited to attend one of two information sessions being offered in January. You will have the chance to hear from current undergraduate consultants, learn more about the application process and the job itself, and get your questions answered. It’s also a great opportunity to think critically about putting together a strong application.
This Info Session will be offered twice. Attendance is NOT required to apply.
Faculty, You Can Nominate Your Students!
Deadline: Faculty Consultant Nominations are due by Friday, January 19, 2024.
Help the Writing Studio keep going strong by nominate a student to join the Writing Studio’s staff as Undergraduate Writing Consultants for 2024-25.
We seek nominations of students of all majors and from diverse backgrounds. Ideal candidates for these paid positions are thoughtful academic writers with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Nominated students will be invited to submit an application and provided with information about the position and our competitive selection process.
- Nomination not required to apply, but receiving a faculty nomination leads many excellent candidates to apply who might not have otherwise.