Faculty: Nominate your students! Two Opportunities, Nominations due in January
Faculty, the Writing Studio is always here for you and your students, but now it’s the time of the academic year when the Writing Studio needs your help: It’s nomination season!
Between now and January we are calling for faculty to
- Nominate student writing for our annual Undergraduate Writing Symposium events this spring by Friday, January 12, 2024
- Nominate your students for our 2024-2025 Undergraduate Writing Consultant Positions by Friday, January 19, 2024
Submitting a nomination is quick and easy, and we’ve streamlined the process with our consolidated Faculty Nominations page with embedded nomination submission forms for both opportunities.
To keep up with all the latest from Writing Studio, you can also subscribe to our monthly Faculty Newsletter. We’ll keep you in the loop with information on current and upcoming events, programming, and opportunities.
Two Calls for Faculty Nominations
Call for Undergraduate Writing Symposium Nominations
Help us celebrate your students’ achievements as writers! We are seeking faculty nominations of strong undergraduate writing in three categories to be considered for inclusion in the 16th annual Undergraduate Writing Symposium events.
Deadline: Faculty Symposium Nominations are due Friday, January 12, 2024
symposium nomination categories
- First-Year Essays
- Nominations of current first-year students’ essays and other compositions from Fall 2023 sought for the Undergraduate Writing Symposium.
- Advanced Research Writing
- Nominations of upper-division students’ advanced writing projects, including those produced for Honors, Independent Study, or Immersion, sought for the Undergraduate Writing Symposium.
- Creative Writing
- Nominations sought for creative writing from undergraduate students of all years welcome–first-years, sophomores, juniors, and seniors–produced during the 2023 calendar year (spring 2023, summer 2023, or fall 2023) as well as ongoing or recently completed advanced projects.
Save the Date for Our Symposium Events:
- 2024 Undergraduate Writing Symposium: Friday, April 5, 2024
- 2024 Undergraduate Creative Writing Symposium and Arts Showcase: Wednesday, April 10, 2024
Call for Undergraduate Writing Consultant Nominations
Deadline: Faculty Consultant Nominations are due by Friday, January 19, 2024.
Help the Writing Studio keep going strong by nominate a student to join the Writing Studio’s staff as Undergraduate Writing Consultants for 2024-25.
We seek nominations of students of all majors and from diverse backgrounds. Ideal candidates for these paid positions are thoughtful academic writers with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Nominated students will be invited to submit an application and provided with information about the position and our competitive selection process.
- Nomination not required to apply, but receiving a faculty nomination leads many excellent candidates to apply who might not have otherwise.