Resources by field/discipline
Students interested in research that integrates different disciplines may use this list of resources.
Students interested in doing humanities research such as language, story-telling, or history may use these resources.
- Center for Digital Humanities
- Penn Warren Center for the Humanities
- The Curb Center
- Buchanan Fellowship
Students interested in social science research such as political science, sociology, or speech science may use this list of resources.
Students interested in doing research in fields such as chemistry, physics, biological, or clinical sciences may use this list of resources.
- Vanderbilt Summer Science Academy
- Vanderbilt Summer Diabetes Research Program
- Medical Scientist Training Summer Research Program
- Vascular Biology Short-Term Training Program for Minority Students
- American Heart Association Supporting Undergraduate Research Experiences
- PACER Program
- Research Experience for Undergraduates in Chemical Biology
- Aspirnaut Summer Research Institute
- Vanderbilt Physics and Astronomy Research Experience for Undergraduates
Students interested in doing research in fields such as engineering, mathematics, or data sciences may use this list of resources.
- Bioinformatics Institute Summer Research Program
- Vanderbilt University School of Engineering Summer Research Program
- Data Science Institute Summer Research Program
Commodores for Science Competitions
We aim to build upon standard science curriculum in class from teachers and VSVS to give students a chance to pursue deeper opportunities or try out new interests that are not achievable in the traditional classroom in the STEM field through competitions such as Science Olympiad, Science Bowl, and Science Fair.
Scientific Immersion and Mentorship
We aim to provide students with information and resources to help them prepare for careers in science by exposing students to the opportunities available in research both on campus and beyond, by giving students opportunities to explore scientific careers paths to determine if it’s right for them.