At Vanderbilt Tutoring Services, you have the opportunity to meet individually with a talented staff of tutors who will help you enhance your academic performance through the power of collaborative learning.
All currently enrolled Vanderbilt students can sign up for 50-minute appointments with us. Our tutoring staff is qualified to tutor many introductory and intermediate level courses in the following subjects: Biological Sciences, Chemistry (General & Organic), Economics, Mathematics, and Physics. Services are free of charge.
To get started, simply look for the "Schedule an Appointment" link at the top of the right sidebar.
NEW FOR 2019: SEPARATE 1-ON-1 AND GROUP STUDY SCHEDULES
Please note that effective January 2019, Tutoring Services has separate WCOnline schedules for 1-on-1 and Group Study appointments.To access either schedule, simply log in at the top of the right sidebar. Once logged in, you will then need to choose the schedule you need ("Tutoring 1-on-1 Schedule (Spring 2019)" or Tutoring Group Schedule (Spring 2019)" from the drop-down menu at the top of the scheduler. Total weekly appointments as well as missed appointments and cancellations are cumulative across both schedules.
A Little More about Our Services
Individual Tutoring is available on a first-come basis to support students enrolled in a variety of classes offered by the following departments: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, and Physics.
Our tutors are undergraduates or graduate students who, having achieved a certain level of academic success themselves, are dedicated to helping their fellow students strive for the same. All individual tutoring takes place on an appointment basis at 1801 Edgehill Avenue, Suite 112 (The Collaborative Learning Suite).
Students are allowed one session per day and up to three sessions per week. Please plan ahead--we see surges in requests for our limited number of (busy) tutors as test times approach. Also, please be aware that the total 3 sessions/week includes both individual and group appointments.
Students also have the option of coming in with a friend for a pair appointment. Both students must be enrolled in the same course and have similar goals for the session. The student who books the appointment should clearly indicate that it is a pair appointment--just write PAIR APPOINTMENT in the box that prompts you to identify what you'd like to discuss during the session.
What Tutoring Does Not Provide
Tutoring Services does not provide general academic counseling, specialized tutoring for students with learning disabilities, specialized tutoring for ESL students, psychotherapy services, testing for learning disabilities, proofreading or copy-editing services, academic advising, or career counseling. Visit our Other Resources pages to learn more about additional support opportunities at Vanderbilt.
Important Individual Scheduling Policies - MODIFIED FOR SPRING 2019
- You may schedule, modify, or cancel your appointments at any time by logging into our online scheduling platform (the "Schedule an Appointment" link at the top of the right sidebar).
- When you must cancel an individual appointment, please do so at least 8 hours in advance so another student may make use of that time. You can cancel or modify appointments by logging into the scheduling system at http://mywco.com/vanderbilttutoring. (To modify or cancel a group study reservation, make sure to select the "Tutoring Group Schedule.") Do note that the cancellations policy differs for group study appointments. See our Group Study page for more information about group study cancellations. Frequent same-day cancellations may result in penalties.
- Failure to cancel will result in a "missed appointment." After three missed appointments, a client's account will be disabled and future appointments will be allowed on a walk-in basis only for the duration of the semester. Again, please note that missed appointments for both individual and group study are cumulative.
- Please arrive promptly. When you arrive promptly, please let the person at the front desk know you are here. Our policy is to open appointments to walk-ins if the client has not arrived by 10 minutes after the appointment's start time.
The Waitlist Feature
Don't see an appointment when you need it? Check out our Waitlist feature! To join the waitlist, just click on the clock icon next to the day you need an appointment and sign up. You'll be notified if a cancellation matches your specified parameters. (You must then still log in and reserve the appointment yourself on a first-come basis.)
- Vandy Vans: http://www.vandyvans.com/
- Escort by VUPD: As a supplement to the SafeTrips van service, walking escorts are available for students walking to and from any location on campus during nighttime hours. Walking escorts are provided by VUPD officers. The telephone number to call for a walking escort is 421-8888 (off campus) or 1-8888 (on campus)” http://www.vanderbilt.edu/families/guidebook/studentservices.php .
You can download the SafeVU app to make accessing these resources easier: http://police.vanderbilt.edu/services/safevu.php