Greetings, Undergraduate Economists! You can achieve your academic goals, and our Economics tutors are here to support you along the way, whether in an individual appointment or an Economics-focused group meeting.
Our tutors are all current undergraduates or graduate students who, having achieved a certain level of academic success themselves, are dedicated to helping their fellow students strive for the same.
Keep reading to learn more about the individual and group appointments you can reserve online through our online scheduler. Services are free of charge and open to all currently enrolled Vanderbilt students.
Economics Support at Tutoring Services
Individual Tutoring: Economics
Individual (One-on-one) appointments are 50 minutes long. As per our Appointment Policies, appointments can be scheduled via our online scheduler up to 14 days in advance with a limit of one individual appointment per day and two individual appointments per week in fall (three per week in spring), with the option of holding a similar number of group appointments (see below).
Tutors are available to support you in the following courses (for which you can quickly filter our schedule):
- ECON 1010 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 1020 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 1500 Economic Statistics
- ECON 3012 Intermediate Microeconomics
- ECON 3022 Intermediate Macroeconomics
- ECON 3032 Applied Econometrics
- ECON 3035 Econometric Methods
Group Learning Support: Economics
Tutoring Services also provides group study opportunities geared toward the economics courses for which we see the highest demand. Most often these are scheduled during peak periods for tutoring demand, such as the exam period at the semester. Keep an eye on the calendar below for upcoming group opportunities.
One-hour Weekly Learning Roundtables offer students the opportunity work with each other and a tutor to improve their own understanding of course material, and they recur regularly giving students a chance to space out their studying and deepen learning and retention.
Two-hour Pre-Exam Study Groups are held in the days prior to major exams in Principles of Macroeconomics (ECON 1010).
Calendar for Tutoring Services Group Sessions (All Subjects)
Economics: Additional Campus Support Resources
Your Professor and TA’s Office Hours
- There is no substitute for developing a strong working relationship with your instructors, we encourage all students to seek out their professors and teaching assistants during their office hours.
- For TA Office Hours in ECON 1010, 1020, and 1500, please contact your professors and TAs. Consult Brightspace for variations in office hour and open lab schedules.
More Tutoring and Learning Support Opportunities
- Academic and study skills coaching is available through the Center for Student Wellbeing on topics such as time management, organization, test prep, and handling academic-related anxiety and stress.