Subscribers receive access to all of the AmericasBarometer survey data in both SPSS and STATA formats. Faculty and student users have online access to the data sets at all times via a special internet page, which can be accessed through the Subscriber Login page.
Subscribers receive "premium access," which includes the following benefits:
- Access to merged databases, of which there are three types:
- Single files with data for all countries for a given survey wave.
- Single-country cross-time merged data bases.
- Cross-time, cross-national merged data, including core items.
- Access to LAPOP-created Stata ado files designed especially for use with the AmericasBarometer data in order to generate user-friendly graphs of a variety of statistical analyses.
- Access to our tech support. Those who access the data for free will not have access to our current tech support. Currently, LAPOP responds on a daily basis to countless technical questions about the database from its user community regarding such issues as sample design, data weights, question comparability, translation issues, etc.
- Permission to share files on your internal servers (so long as any such internal server user agrees to the click license).
If you want to become a subscriber, please visit: Become a Subscriber.
Important Notes About the Datasets:
Users of the LAPOP data sets should carefully read the corresponding reports and/or articles for details about the sample designs of these surveys. Some of the samples are weighted, others are not. To obtain correct results for weighted data sets, the appropriate weight variable, normally called “WT,” must be applied. To see technical information including sample design information and core questionnaires, please go here.
Replication requests should refer to the LAPOP websites where the data can be downloaded. Authors should provide syntax/code that allows for replication of their analyses. Authors are not permitted to transfer LAPOP-obtained data sets to third parties, even journals, as that would violate the terms of the "click license."
To download data sets and questionnaires, click on the links shown or right-click on the file name and save it.
Also see: How to Cite the Data
Tabulations of the databases:
Tabulations of AmericasBarometer data sets can be found at: Data Playground
About data sets prior to 2004:
LAPOP is proud to make available a special collection of surveys, "The Seligson Political Culture Survey Archive," for free download. Click here to go to the download page.