In order to achieve the Facilities’ goal to be the best facilities department in the country by providing outstanding, innovative services to the community, the department hosts a variety of Webinars for the community. These webinars allow for Facilities’ leadership to connect with the Vanderbilt community on a personal level and share insight into important topics.
West End Neighborhood Town Hall (November 2020)
The Facilities team, along with team members from Campus Planning and Construction, host town halls throughout the academic year to highlight and share the latest information about active Capital Projects. The team recently hosted a town hall for students living in the West End Neighborhood and their families.
- Mike Perez, Associate Vice Chancellor and Chief Facilities Officer
- Mark Petty, Assistant Vice Chancellor of Plant Operation
- Robert Grummon, Campus Planning & Construction Project
- Manager Sean Farrell, Senior Project Manager at Layton Construction
Construction Summit: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The Vanderbilt University Facilities Department, in partnership with Vanderbilt University Procurement Department, hosted an exciting and critically important session – “Construction Summit – Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.” The purpose of this Summit was to discuss with university suppliers, contractors and professional services firms the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion at Vanderbilt University. This forum reinforced the importance and purpose for Vanderbilt’s commitment of expanding our efforts with Minority and Women Business Enterprises (MWBE), and offer to participants the opportunity to avail themselves of TriState Minority Suppliers Development Council (TSMSDC) and Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) resources, as appropriate.
- Mike Perez, Associate Vice Chancellor and Chief Facilities Officer, Vanderbilt University
- Andre Churchwell, Vice Chancellor for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer, Vanderbilt University
- Kelli Fager, Senior Director of Purchasing and Payment Services, Vanderbilt University
- Cheri Henderson, TriState Minority Supplier Development Council (TSMSDC)
- Jillian Schneeberger, Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)