To promote environments that are affirming, welcoming, equitable, inclusive, and diverse in order to foster a sense of belonging at Vanderbilt and beyond, with the goal of advancing human potential and growth.
To move our mission forward, we endeavor to:
- Dismantle systemic barriers for marginalized and underserved populations to thrive.
- Champion equity, diversity, and inclusion in academic and scholarly activities by cultivating opportunities for collaboration and community across the University.
- Provide educational resources, programming, outreach, and learning opportunities that promote access and equity.
- Foster living, learning, and working conditions that empower physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
- Align our mission and actions through meaningful accountability measures and data to ensure progress on goals related to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
To make Vanderbilt University an environment where equity, diversity, and inclusion are inseparable from institutional excellence and to model intentional practices that respect the humanity of all. To honor the uniqueness and resilience of each individual while working to create a transformative community that respects, values, and supports all people.
We are committed to:
- Holding ourselves and each other accountable
- Promoting a growth mindset
- Forging partnerships and strengthening community
- Embracing our individual and collective diversity
- Advocating a human-centered approach