It takes time and support to learn how to use all the tools in a typical course management system. This ever growing list, which compiles some of the many useful resources for designing and building an online course, starts with resources here at Vanderbilt and expands to resources we recommend that are freely available on the web.
Answers to questions about Vanderbilt’s instance of Brightspace or related tools:
- Reach out to Brightspace support at the Vanderbilt Center for Teaching
- Look through the list of on-demand resources for answers to your Brightspace questions
- Vanderbilt faculty have access to TopHat, a classroom response tool that also has a number of useful features for online and hybrid teaching. Find help here.
- Vanderbilt University IT can help with hardware, software, and Zoom related issues. You can find their contact information here.
- D2L, the company that created Brightspace, has an extensive collection of resources related to using Brightspace well and related to moving from f2f to online teaching.
support for Vanderbilt faculty teaching online:
- The university has a Return to Campus page, and specifically resources on teaching for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- The Center for Teaching has a wealth of resources to support faculty including Online Course Visits, the Online Course Design Institute, and workshop offerings, many of which are detailed on this page.
resources on designing and Teaching online courses:
- The Vanderbilt Center for Teaching has a number of resources to help instructors navigate the Fall 2020 teaching situation. Find those here.
- BRINGING YOUR COURSE ONLINE: Resources compiled by the MLA, March 2020. A Guide to Online Teaching in the Humanities by Lee Skallerup Bessette
- Georgetown University has compiled a collection of useful guides
- The University of Windsor has a video series called Online Learning in a Hurry
- Two podcasts that focus on EdTech and online teaching are the Teaching Online Podcast (TOPCast) and Leading Lines. Teaching in Higher Ed also has many episodes on online teaching.
This page is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.