How do I make content unavailable to users?
If you are building your course while you have students in the course, there may be some content you do not want them to view. This tutorial shows you three ways to keep content unavailable to students.
Using Publish/Draft mode on content
Setting date and time restrictions on content
Setting date and time restrictions within the Media Gallery (Kaltura)
For a printable & shareable PDF version of this resource, click here.
How to use the Publish/Draft options in Content
1) Under Content, find the module or item you would like to set as a draft.
2) Once open, click Published. A drop down menu will appear to select either Published or Draft.
3) Click Draft (or Published) to toggle your choice
How to Set Date and Time Restrictions on Content
1) Click on the downward arrow next to your content’s title. Select Edit Properties in Place.
2) Set the Start Date and End Date for content availability. You can also set Release Conditions here.
Note: A due date is not necessary for content items, but can be used in other areas of Brightspace. If the end date is later than the due date, this will allow for submissions that will be marked “late.”