How do I place an image in a quiz question?
If you want to use an image in a quiz question, you are able to do that in Brightspace. This guide will walk you through the step by step process.
Updated Spring 2020
Place an image in a quiz question
1.) Open the Quiz you want to edit. Click on Add/Edit questions to bring up your question list.
2.) Click New to start a new question, or Edit an existing question. Use whatever question type you require. Suggestions: Multiple choice or Written Response.
3.) In this example, we are making a Written Response question. Click on the Insert Stuff icon to upload an image file.
4.) Click on My Computer to upload a photo.
5.) Browse to your file and click Upload.
6.) Now you are at the properties window.
- Link text: Image 1 (or something that won’t give away answers)
- Alt text: Image 1
- Check the box to lock aspect ratio
- Width: 650 pixels
- Click Refresh
- If your image does not work well with 650 pixels, try 450 or 300. We don’t recommend making an image larger than 650 pixels, or it may not display well in a browser.
- Click Insert
7.) Now you are back to your question edit screen, but should see the image displayed. You can do the following things before clicking Save.
- Write the question text here, or a placeholder. In this example, students are filling in a response rather than answering a question. So I’ve just put “Question 1”.
- Students do not need an HTML editor unless you want them to upload something or use font tools. Typically this does not need to be checked.
- In this example, the instructor would like the students to essentially “fill in the blank” about the sculpture.
- Enter your question point value
- Your image is displayed here, as the students would see it.
- The response field is displayed here, as the students would see it.
- Click Save when you are finished.
8.) You can preview a question by selecting Preview from its dropdown menu