How do I exclude a grade category or item from the final grade calculation?
Excluding an item from the final grade calculation enables you to evaluate a grade category, numeric grade item, select box grade item, or pass / fail grade item without including the grade in users’ calculated or adjusted final grades.
For a printable & shareable PDF version of this resource, click here.
1) On the navbar, click Grades.
2) In the Manage Grades area, click on the category or item you want to edit.
- Use the Exclude from Final Grade Calculation check box to exclude items and categories while using the Points system.
- Select the Exclude from Final Grade Calculation check box.
- You can exclude a grade item or category from the final grade calculation in the weighted system by setting the grade item or category’s weight to 0%.
- In the Grading section, add a value of 0 in the Weight field.
- You can exclude a grade category or item using the Formula system by removing that grade item or category from the formula you will be using to calculate the final grade.
3) Click Save and Close.