Grading student responses to a Kaltura Video Quiz
Kaltura Video Quizzes can be integrated with the gradebook. This will allow Kaltura to pass scores to the gradebook once a quiz is completed. Quiz questions can be in multiple choice, true or false, or short answer format. This guide explains how to link the quiz to your gradebook, and then how to locate your students’ quiz responses for grading.
Updated Fall 2020
Link a Kaltura Quiz to the gradebook
- Navigate to the Content page in your course, and open the module in which you would like to house your video quiz.
- Select Existing Activities -> Add Kaltura Media, then select the video quiz from your library in the box that appears.
- Click on the quiz title to open the video quiz.
- Scroll down to the area below the player. Make sure you are in the Activity Details tab. On the right, click Add Grade Item.
- To use an existing grade item, select the title of that grade item from the dropdown. To create a new grade item to associate with the video quiz, click the +.
- Click Save to save your changes. Once students complete the video quiz, their scores will automatically be passed into the gradebook.
View student responses to a Kaltura Quiz
- Go to your Brightspace Dashboard and click the My Media tab
- Select the Analytics icon to the right of the title of your video quiz
- Select the Quiz Questions tab to view student responses by question, or select the Quiz Users tab to view by student.
- Quiz Users tab – allows you to view by user and see all responses. You cannot add feedback in this view.
- Quiz Questions tab – allows you to view by question and see all responses. You can add feedback to Write-In questions in this area.