William F. Meacham Professor of Neurological Surgery
Chairman of the Department of Neurological Surgery
Director, Neurosurgical Oncology
Professor of Otolaryngology
Current Research Interests:
- Time-resolved laser-induced fluorescence spectroscopy for detection of brain tumors.
- Development of optical contrast agents for the detection of gliomas.
- Cytokine enhanced antitumor immunotherapy for brain tumors.
- Intra-operative thermal imaging of brain tumors and vascular malformations.
- Molecular mechanisms of cerebral edema.
- The role of the water channel aquaporin in brain edema.
- Pathogenesis of cerebral vasospasm.