Summer Fellows Program
The Vanderbilt Institute for Surgery and Engineering’s Summer Fellows program affords students the opportunity to work side-by-side with graduate students and faculty on active research projects.
Students in biomedical engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and computer science spend ten weeks in VISE labs under the supervision of a VISE affiliate faculty member. The paid program gives undergraduates first-hand experience in laboratory research.
The program concludes with a student-led VISE seminar in which each undergraduate gives a five-minute presentation and answers audience questions.
- 10 Weeks
- Most projects begin in late May/early June
- Faculty member supervision
- Work with faculty, grad students, and other undergrads
- NEW in summer 2022! Workshops sponsored by the Women of VISE group
- Technical Communication in Research
- Refining Your Professional Image
Contact the VISE Lab director directly for more information.