Become a Subscriber
Welcome to the AmericasBarometer Subscription Page! Here you will find information to subscribe and renew an existing subscription. You can also find information about fees, as well as how to become a repository. Thank you for your interest in the AmericasBarometer Datasets. If you have any questions, please contact Rubi Arana.
If you have an active subscription, please click here to log into the AmericasBarometer Dataset pages.
Annual Subscription to AmericasBarometer Data Sets
Subscribers to the AmericasBarometer datasets receive unique benefits: complete access to all merged files (across countries and across years); access to LAPOP’s proprietary coding files; and technical assistance for users of the data.
You or your institution can purchase an annual subscription to the AmericasBarometer data sets. The subscription service operates much like a subscription to an academic journal. Subscribers are set up for IP authentication or with a unique username and password to the site where they can download all the individual rounds of the AmericasBarometer data and questionnaires (all the surveys from 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2016/17 that are part of the AmericasBarometer surveys) for a single annual fee. Upon annual renewal, new data sets will be made available as they are collected. For more information on the benefits of subscribing, please click here.
Subscribe to the AmericasBarometer
Renew an annual subscription that is expiring
Annual Subscription Fees and Types of Subscriptions
The subscription fee is based on where you or your institution are located, and, if the subscriber is an institution, the type of institution.
*Please note: for those who wish access to data prior to 2004, the only option is to purchase the data as a repository.
Type A: ($1500)
This type is for subscribing institutions or individuals located in:
- The US
- The European Union Member States
This type also applies if the subscribing institution is a government institution, multi-lateral public institution, think tank, or a degree granting institution of higher learning that offers a PhD or Masters in political science (or government), international relations, or public policy.
TYPE B: ($500)
This type applies if the Subscribing institution or individual is located in any other part of the world, or if the Subscribing institution is a degree-granting institution of higher learning that does not offer a Ph.D. or Masters in political science (or government) , international relations, or public policy.
Individual vs. Institutional Subscriptions:
Individual: You should set up an individual subscription if you will be the only person using the data and are paying with personal funds.
Institutional: You should set up an institutional subscription if you are using institutional funds and/or you will have more than one person accessing the data. Please note, the Subscription Agreement will need to be accepted by an authorized agent from the institution.
LAPOP also offers a permanent ownership option where you or your institution can become a data repository for the data sets you desire, including those prior to 2004. For more information click here.
- The use of these data files is subject to U.S. Federal regulatory mandates pertaining to research involving the protection of human subjects.
- Users of the LAPOP data sets should carefully read the corresponding reports and/or articles for details of the sample designs of these surveys. Some of the samples are weighted, others are not. To obtain correct results, for weighted data sets, the appropriate weight variable, normally called WT, must be applied. See technical information for each country and round here LAPOP is not responsible for errors made in the analysis or presentation of the data by users.
- Subscribers are not allowed to transfer data to any third parties.
- We ask that subscribers provide an appropriate acknowledgement to LAPOP as the source of data. See how to cite LAPOP here. Please also send LAPOP notice of any publications using the data. Please send notice to firstname.lastname@example.org