Vanderbilt Commencement is traditionally held on or just before the second weekend in May, though specific dates may change based on the needs of the university community and the graduating class.
- Degree candidates must have successfully completed all curriculum requirements and have passed all prescribed examinations by the published deadlines.
- A student completing degree requirements in the summer or fall semester will be invited to participate in Commencement the following May.
- The semester in which the degree was actually earned will be the one recorded on the diploma and the student’s permanent record.
- Financially clear students unable to participate in the graduation ceremony will receive their diplomas by mail.
- Students must meet all financial obligations before their diplomas can be released.