Indoor Group Fitness
We will reopen the David Williams II Recreation and Wellness Center (Vandy Rec) with limited classes for undergraduate, graduate, and professional students who are participating in in-person classes, informed by guidance from public health officials and experts at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Group fitness classes will be held at the Vandy Rec center.
Indoor Group Fitness Classes
- Bring your own water bottle, mat, and sweat towel.
- Please do not bring backpacks and/or gym bags.
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes are located in each studio.
- A water bottle refill station is located on the first floor.
- Face masks must be worn at all times.
- Students should manage their cardio intensity level with a mask on.
- Students must stay within the designated 10 by 10-foot box when exercising.
- Students must remain 6 feet apart while moving about.
- All classes/programs are subject to changes and/or cancellations –registered participants will be notified of cancellations via email.
- If you do not show up for your reservation and do not cancel two times cumulative between Fitness Reservations and Group Fitness Reservations within a week, you will not be allowed to register/participate for the following week of classes.
- If you arrive 5 minutes after the start of a class, you may be denied entry to the class.
- If you do not arrive with a mask and/or follow safety instructions, you will be asked to leave and can lose future class privileges.
- Students must register before attending class, no walk-ups.
- Reservations will begin 48 hours in advance and close 30 minutes before the designated time.
- The capacity per space is limited to 7 students per class.
- Please cancel your class registration if you cannot attend.
- Limit registrations to one class a day.
Group Fitness Cancellation Process
- Log in to your Vanderbilt rec account at https://rec.vanderbilt.edu/.
- To look at your account details, click on the star in the upper right corner next to your Vunet ID and then click on your profile.
- Look for “Programs” along the column on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click “Programs” and then “Registrations” to view the classes/programs you have registered for.
- Find the class you need to cancel and look for the three dots on the far-right side, click on the three dots and you should see “cancel registration.”
- Students will access the Vandy Rec from Children’s Way through the Outdoor Basketball Court.
- Students will line up on the circles on the South entry.
- Staff will coordinate student check-in.
- Students can arrive 5 minutes prior to their fitness reservation. Please have your Vanderbilt ID ready to present.
- Students will proceed to the second-floor to line-up and wait for further direction from the instructor.
- Indoor classes will occur in Studios A & B.
- Make sure to gather all items.
- Return any equipment and clean your stations.
Assistant Director of Fitness