Rec Group Fit
Vanderbilt Rec Group Fitness Program
The group fitness classes are included with membership and will begin on August 30th. Registration is required to attend. The Rec’s Group Fitness Program provides a fun and energetic group environment that offers a variety of classes that encourage and support an active and healthy lifestyle. The group fitness classes are held in one of our four studios located on the second floor of the Rec unless designated as an outdoor class. Join us and try one or all the classes and experience for yourself the many benefits of group fitness.
- Participants must register before attending class.
- You can register 48 hours in advance of the class day and time.
- Class size is limited depending on room size.
- Registration is on a first come first served basis and will close 15 minutes before class starts or when class is full.
- Please cancel your class registration if you cannot attend.
How to cancel a group fitness class registration:
- Log in to your Vanderbilt Rec account at https://rec.vanderbilt.edu/.
- To look at your profile/account details, click on the star in the upper right corner next to your Vunet ID.
- Look for “Programs” along the column on the left-hand side of page.
- Click “programs” and then “Registrations” to view the classes/programs you have registered for.
- Find the class you need to cancel and look for the three dots on the far-right side, click on the three dots and you should see “cancel registration”.
Arrival and Check-in:
- Students can arrive 5-10 minutes before class and check in on the second floor, at top of the stairs by studios.
- Student ID or your “YES” account will be needed for check-in.
- Please cancel your class registration if you can’t attend.
- Face masks covering the mouth and nose must be worn at all times inside the rec
- Be respectful of others space
- You should bring your own water bottle, mat, and sweat towel
- Keep personal belonging and valuables to a minimum when coming to workout
- Cubbies for personal belongings will be in the hallway outside the studio area
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes are in each studio
- You should wipe down any equipment before and after use
- All classes are subject to changes and/or cancellations – registered participants will be notified of cancellations via email
- If you do not cancel your registration and fail to check in two times within a week, you will not be allowed to register/participate for the future week of classes.
- If you arrive 5 minutes after the start of a class, you may be denied entry to class.
- If you do not arrive with a mask and/or follow safety instructions, you will be asked to leave and can lose future class privilege.
Assistant Director of Fitness