Indoor & Outdoor Group Fitness
Summer membership to the David Williams II Recreation and Wellness Center will be available for purchase by university faculty, staff, postdocs and active students not enrolled in summer courses beginning June 1. The Rec Center will continue to operate with limited capacity and hours, including for undergraduate, graduate and professional students enrolled in summer classes.
*At this time, our indoor and outdoor group fitness classes have ended.
Indoor Group Fitness Classes
Before Registration- Purchasing a Membership
- Members must purchase a membership in person before being able to make a fitness reservation.
- Members are welcome to utilize our map to our temporary check-in location to tour our available spaces, purchase a membership, and make a future reservation.
- Members can email the email@example.com or visit our temporary check-in location Monday through Thursday 7am to 7pm, Friday 7am to 5pm, Saturday 8am-2pm, and Sunday 12pm to 5pm.
- Students must register before attending class, no walk-ups.
- Reservations will begin 48 hours in advance and close 30 minutes before the designated time.
- The capacity per space is limited.
- Please cancel your class registration if you cannot attend.
- Limit registrations to one class a day.
- Bring your own water bottle, mat, and sweat towel.
- Please do not bring backpacks and/or gym bags.
- Day cubbies are available, no lockers.
- Members can use the gender-neutral, family locker rooms to change.
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes are located in each studio.
- A water bottle refill station is located on the first floor.
- Vaccinated members no longer have to wear a face mask indoors or outdoors.
- Vaccinated members no longer have to socially distance 6 feet apart from vaccinated members indoors or outdoors.
- Non-vaccinated members should continue to wear a face mask.
- Non-vaccinated members should manage their cardio intensity level with a mask on.
- Non-vaccinated members should continue to social distance 6 feet apart while moving about.
- Members must stay within the designated 10 by 10-foot box when exercising.
- All classes/programs are subject to changes and/or cancellations –registered participants will be notified of cancellations via email.
- If you do not show up for your reservation and do not cancel two times cumulative between Fitness Reservations and Group Fitness Reservations within a week, you will not be allowed to register/participate for the following week of classes.
- If you arrive 15 minutes after the start of a class, you may be denied entry to the class.
- If you do not adhere to Rec policies, you will be asked to leave and can lose future reservation privileges.
Group Fitness Cancellation Process
- Log in to your Vanderbilt rec account at https://rec.vanderbilt.edu/.
- To look at your account details, click on the star in the upper right corner next to your Vunet ID and then click on your profile.
- Look for “Programs” along the column on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click “Programs” and then “Registrations” to view the classes/programs you have registered for.
- Find the class you need to cancel and look for the three dots on the far-right side, click on the three dots and you should see “cancel registration.”
- Members will access the Vandy Rec from Children’s Way through the Outdoor Basketball Court.
- Members will line up on the circles on the South entry.
- Staff will coordinate member check-in and conduct payment transactions as necessary.
- Members can arrive 5 minutes prior to their fitness reservation. Please have your Vanderbilt ID ready to present.
- Members will proceed to the second-floor and wait for further direction from the instructor.
- Indoor classes will occur in Studios A & B.
- Make sure to gather all items.
- Return any equipment and clean your stations.
Assistant Director of Fitness