Regularly eating the right amount and kinds of foods is an important part of an overall healthy lifestyle. Watch for virtual nutrition programming offered by the David Williams II Recreation and Wellness Center.
- My Plate
- Dietary Guidelines
- Reading Nutrition Labels
- Portion Control/Serving Sizes
- Healthy Dining Out
- Healthy Recipe Videos
- Good Food on a Tight Budget
- How to Understand and Use the Nutrition Facts Label
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
Apps for Health & Nutrition
- Nutrition – Vanderbilt
- Vanderbilt Campus Dining’s online Nutrition Calculator in app form. Review the nutrition information for the foods served at any of our on-campus locations, adjust toppings and condiments, and build a meal!
- Food tracking app to help you stay within your nutrient and energy goals.
- Calorie King Food Search
- Find nutrition information on thousands of foods, including restaurant items, to help you track calorie and nutrient intake.
- Food Tripping
- App that helps you find healthy restaurants, grocery stores, farmer’s markets, and coffee shops while travelling.
- Scan nutrition labels with this app to get instant feedback on the nutrient content and level of healthfulness.
- App to help those with food allergies locate stores & foods that sell products you can eat.
- Scores foods based on nutrition quality, gives healthy recommendations, and helps you buy the best foods for your dietary needs and health goals.
- Helps you locate farmer’s markets in your area so you can buy locally sourced food
- Seafood Watch App
- Get current recommendations on sustainable seafood that is both ocean and health-friendly
Marilyn Holmes MS, RDN, LDN