Summer membership to the David Williams II Recreation and Wellness Center will be available for purchase by university faculty, staff, postdocs and active students not enrolled in summer courses beginning June 1. The Rec Center will continue to operate with limited capacity and hours, including for undergraduate, graduate and professional students enrolled in summer classes.
Before Registration- Purchasing a Membership
- Members must purchase a membership in person before being able to make a fitness reservation.
- Members are welcome to utilize our map to our temporary check-in location to tour our available spaces, purchase a membership, and make a future reservation.
- Members can email the email@example.com or visit our temporary check-in location Monday through Thursday 7am to 7pm, Friday 7am to 5pm, Saturday 8am-2pm, and Sunday 12pm to 5pm.
- Members must register to utilize the facility, no walk-ups.
- Workout sessions will start on the hour and end at the 45-minute mark where students must leave promptly.
- Reservations will begin 48 hours in advance and close 30 minutes before the designated time.
- The capacity per hour is limited.
- Members may move between spaces.
- Please cancel your fitness reservation if you cannot attend.
- We ask that members limit registrations to one fitness reservation a day.
- Bring your own water bottle, and sweat towel.
- Please do not bring backpacks and/or gym bags.
- Day cubbies are available, no lockers.
- Members can use the gender-neutral, family locker rooms to change.
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes are located in both spaces.
- A water bottle refill station is located on the first floor.
- Vaccinated members no longer have to wear a face mask indoors or outdoors.
- Vaccinated members no longer have to socially distance 6 feet apart from vaccinated members indoors or outdoors.
- Non-vaccinated members should continue to wear a face mask.
- Non-vaccinated members should manage their cardio intensity level with a mask on.
- Non-vaccinated members should continue to social distance 6 feet apart while moving about.
- Fitness reservations are subject to changes and/or cancellations – registered members will be notified of cancellations via email.
- If you do not show up for your reservation and do not cancel two times within a week, you will not be allowed to register/participate for the following week.
- If you arrive 30 minutes after the reservation start time, you may be denied entry.
- Check-in will close and entry doors will be locked 30 minutes after the final reservation of the day (or 30 minutes before the end of day closing).
- If you do not adhere to Rec policies, you will be asked to leave and can lose future reservation privileges.
Fitness Room Additional Policies
- Members must wear a mask when spotting.
- When ending a workout, wipe down the equipment with the cleaning materials provided.
- When ending a workout, members must properly rack equipment.
Fitness Reservation Cancellation Process
- Log in to your Vanderbilt rec account at https://rec.vanderbilt.edu/.
- To look at your account details, click on the star in the upper right corner next to your Vunet ID and then click on your profile.
- Look for “Bookings” along the column on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click “Bookings” and then “Registrations” to view the classes/programs you have registered for.
- Find the booking you need to cancel and look for the three dots on the far-right side, click on the three dots and you should see “cancel registration.”
- Members will access the Vandy Rec from Children’s Way through the Outdoor Basketball Court.
- Members will line up on the circles on the South entry.
- Staff will coordinate member check-in and conduct payment transactions as necessary.
- Members can arrive 5 minutes prior to their fitness reservation. Please have your Vanderbilt ID ready to present.
- Make sure to gather all items.
- Return any equipment and clean your stations.
Assistant Director of Fitness