We will reopen the David Williams II Recreation and Wellness Center(Vandy Rec) with limited fitness access for undergraduate, graduate, and professional students who are participating in in-person classes, informed by guidance from public health officials and experts at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
Fitness Reservations for the Aux Gym Cardio/Weight Machines or Free Weight Room *dumbbells only
- Bring your own water bottle, and sweat towel.
- Please do not bring backpacks and/or gym bags.
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes are located in both spaces.
- A water bottle refill station is located on the first floor.
- Face masks must be worn at all times.
- Students should manage their cardio intensity level with a mask on.
- Students must remain 10 feet apart while exercising.
- Students must remain 6 feet apart while moving about.
- Fitness reservations are subject to changes and/or cancellations – registered Students will be notified of cancellations via email.
- If you do not show up for your reservation and do not cancel two times cumulative between Fitness Reservations and Group Fitness Reservations within a week, you will not be allowed to register/participate for the following week of classes.
- If you arrive 5 minutes after the reservation start time, you may be denied entry.
- Check-in will close and entry doors will be locked 30 minutes after the final reservation of the day (or 30 minutes before the end of day closing).
- If you do not arrive with a mask and/or follow safety instructions, you will be asked to leave and can lose future reservation privileges.
Free Weight Room Additional Policies
- In an effort to minimize movement around the dumbbell room, Students may take up to three pairs of dumbbells to their workout station.
- Dumbbells may be exchanged but maintain 6 ft social distancing when moving to the racks.
- Standing exercises must be performed at the foot of their workout bench.
- Students may move to another bench when is it not occupied.
- Students may switch benches if they mutually agree on the move.
- Students moving to a new bench must clean the current bench and the new one before exercising.
- When changing benches all equipment needs to move to the new bench or returned to the rack area.
- When ending a workout, wipe down the equipment with the cleaning materials provided and return dumbbells to the proper rack area.
- Students must register to utilize the facility, no walk-ups.
- Workout sessions will start on the hour and end at the 45-minute mark where students must leave promptly.
- Reservations will begin 48 hours in advance and close 30 minutes before the designated time.
- The capacity per space is limited to 7 students. Students may not move between spaces.
- Please cancel your class registration if you cannot attend.
- Limit registrations to one reservation a day.
Fitness Reservation Cancellation Process
- Log in to your Vanderbilt rec account at https://rec.vanderbilt.edu/.
- To look at your account details, click on the star in the upper right corner next to your Vunet ID and then click on your profile.
- Look for “Bookings” along the column on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click “Bookings” and then “Registrations” to view the classes/programs you have registered for.
- Find the class you need to cancel and look for the three dots on the far-right side, click on the three dots and you should see “cancel registration.”
- Students will access the Vandy Rec from Children’s Way through the Outdoor Basketball Court.
- Students will line up on the circles on the South entry.
- Staff will coordinate student check-in.
- Students can arrive 5 minutes prior to their fitness reservation. Please have your Vanderbilt ID ready to present.
- Make sure to gather all items.
- Return any equipment and clean your stations.
Assistant Director of Fitness