Recovery Support Services
Vanderbilt Recovery Support (VRS) provides a supportive and accountable community for students who are concerned about their alcohol or other drug misuse and those actively in recovery from addiction. VRS is a collegiate recovery program which understands that being sober is one piece of being in recovery. By offering individual coaching, weekly meetings, and monthly seminars, along with social and service events, students are able to continue to work toward success in their academic, social, personal, and professional lives. Recovery housing is also available for undergraduate students through an application process.
Additional information about VRS can be found here.
Many locations are open for recovery meetings, but In the Rooms- A Global Recovery Community is still an option for those not ready to be in person due to Covid-19:
- In The Rooms- A Global Recovery Community describe themselves as a free online recovery tool that offers 130 weekly online meetings for those recovering from addiction and related issues. They embrace multiple pathways to recovery, including all 12 Step, Non-12 Step, Wellness and Mental Health modalities.
Fall 2021 Recovery Support Meetings
All meetings will be held in the VRS Lounge at the Center for Student Wellbeing
Tuesdays from 12-1pm
Thursdays from 8-9pm
VRS Pride Meetings
Thursdays from 12:15-1pm
Twice Monthly: 2nd and last Thursday of the month
Additional VRS services
Some of these services are currently restricted, due to COVID-19.
Membership- Requires 90 days sobriety time
- Peer fellowship
- 24/7 access to VRS Lounge
- Service and trip opportunities
- Resume-building experiences
- Monthly special topic seminars
Recovery Housing, a sober living and learning community, is available for undergraduate students. Sober suites and single rooms are located on campus through an application process. Students in Recovery Housing are provided with individual mentorship, weekly meetings, randomized drug screening, peer accountability, monthly seminars, in addition to a discreet and substance-free living environment. Off campus Recovery Housing is also available to students with the same community and accountability resources.
- Life skills and academic coaching
- Abstinence support
- Connection to sober peers
- Non-judgemental staff guidance
Alcohol and other Drug Support Resources
- Alcohol Overdose
- How to Help a Friend
- Vanderbilt Recovery Support
- First Year Students
- Adult Children of Alcoholics
- Information for RAs