Recovery Support Services
Vanderbilt Recovery Support (VRS) provides a supportive and accountable community for students who are concerned about their alcohol or other drug misuse and those actively in recovery from addiction. VRS is a collegiate recovery program which understands that being sober is one piece of being in recovery. By offering individual coaching, weekly meetings, and monthly seminars, along with social and service events, students are able to continue to work toward success in their academic, social, personal, and professional lives. Recovery housing is also available for undergraduate students through an application process.
Additional information about VRS can be found here.
As many locations used for recovery meetings such as aftercare facilities, churches, etc. are beginning to close to assist with mitigation of coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to also provide information regarding a critical tool, In the Rooms-A Global Recovery Community:
- In The Rooms- A Global Recovery Community describe themselves as a free online recovery tool that offers 130 weekly online meetings for those recovering from addiction and related issues. They embrace multiple pathways to recovery, including all 12 Step, Non-12 Step, Wellness and Mental Health modalities.
Summer 2021 Recovery Support Meetings
Thursdays from 8-9pm CST
Meeting ID: 977 0175 4367
Additional VRS services
Some of these services are currently restricted, due to COVID-19.
Membership- Requires 90 days sobriety time
- Peer fellowship
- 24/7 access to VRS Lounge
- Service and trip opportunities
- Resume-building experiences
- Monthly special topic seminars
Recovery Housing, a sober living and learning community, is available for undergraduate students. Sober suites and single rooms are located on campus through an application process. Students in Recovery Housing are provided with individual mentorship, weekly meetings, randomized drug screening, peer accountability, monthly seminars, in addition to a discreet and substance-free living environment. Off campus Recovery Housing is also available to students with the same community and accountability resources.
- Life skills and academic coaching
- Abstinence support
- Connection to sober peers
- Non-judgemental staff guidance
Alcohol and other Drug Support Resources
- Alcohol Overdose
- How to Help a Friend
- Vanderbilt Recovery Support
- First Year Students
- Adult Children of Alcoholics
- Information for RAs