CSB Cryo-EM Publications
We expect the Principal Investigator and the User to acknowledge the CSB Cryo-EM Facility in research publications and presentations arising from their use of the facility. This acknowledgment should include the following or similar “EM data collections were conducted at the Center for Structural Biology Cryo-EM Facility at Vanderbilt University”.
- Functional properties of oligomeric and monomeric forms of Helicobacter pylori VacA toxin. Caso GC, McClain MS, Erwin AL, Truelock MD, Campbell AM, Leasure CS, Nagel M, Schey KL, Lacy DB, Ohi MD, Cover TL. Infection and Immunity, Sept 2021.
- Convergent antibody responses to the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein in convalescent and vaccinated individuals. Chen EC, Gilchuk P, Zost SJ, Suryadevara N, Winkler ES, Cabel CR, Binshtein E, Chen RS, Sutton RE, Rodriguez J, Day S, Meyers L, Trivette A, Williams JK, Davidson E, Li S, Doranz BJ, Campos SK, Crowe JE. Cell Reports, Aug 2021.
- Cooperativity mediated by rationally selected combinations of human monoclonal antibodies targeting the heniparvirus receptor binding protein. Doyle MP, Kose N, Borisevich V, Binshtein E, Amaya M, Nagel M, Annand EJ, Armsgtrong E, Mombardi R, Dong J, Schey KL, Broder CC, Zeitlin L, Kuang EA, Bornholdt ZA, West BR, Geisbert TW, Cross RW, Crowe JE. Cell Reports, Aug 2021.
- Neutralizing and protective human monoclonal antibodies recognizing the N-terminal domain of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein. Suryadevara N, Shrihari S, Gilchuk P, VanBlargan LA, Binshtein E, Zost SJ, Nargi RS, Sutton RE, Winkler ES, Chen ES, Fouch ME, Davidson E, Doranz BJ, Chen RE, Shi P, Carnahan RH, Thackray LB, Diamond MS, Crowe JE. Cell, Apr 2021.
- Cryo-EM structure of the yeast TREX complex and coordination with the SR-like protein Gbp2. Xie Y, Clarke BP, Kim YJ, Ivey AL, Hill PS, Shi Y, Ren Y. eLife, Mar 2021.
- RADX controls RAD51 filament dynamics to regulate replication fork stability. Adolph MB, Mohamed TM, Balakrishnan S, Xue C, Morati F, Modesti M, Greene EC, Chazin WJ, Cortez D. Molecular Cell, Mar 2021.
- Complete mapping of mutations to the SARS-CoV-2 spike receptor-binding domain that escape antibody recognition. Greaney AJ, Starr TN, Gilchuk P, Zost SJ, Binshtein E, Loes AN, Hilton SK, Huddleston J, Eguia R, Crawford KHD, Dingens AS, Nargi RS, Sutton RE, Suryadevara N, Rothlauf PW, Liu Z, Whelan SPJ, Carnahan RH, Crowe JE, Bloom JD. Cell Host & Microbe, Jan 2021.
- Human antibodies protect against aerosolized Eastern equine encepjhalitis virus infection. WIllaimson LE, Gilliand T, Yadav PK, Binshtein E, Bombardi R, Kose N, Nargi RS, Sutton RE, Durie CL, Armstrong E, Carnahan RH, Walker LM, Kim AS, Fox JM, Diamond MS, Ohi MD, Klimstra WB, Crowe JE. Cell, Dec 2020.
- Structure and assembly of CAV1 8S complexes revelaed by single particle electron microscopy. Han B, Porta JC, Hanks JL, Peskova Y, Binshtein E, Dryden K, Claxton DP, Mchaourab HS, Karakas E, Ohi MD, Kenworthy AK. Science Advances, Dec 2020.
- The host cell metabolite inositol hexakisphosphate promotes efficient endogenous HIV-1 reverse transcription by stabilizing the viral capsid. Jennings J, Shi J, Varadarajan J, Jamieson PJ, Aiken C. mBio, Dec 2020.
- Improved negative stain electron microscopy procedure for detecting surface detail on high density lipoproteins. Hart, R. Microscopy Today, Sep 2020.
- Rapid isolation and profiling of a diverse panel of human monoclonal antibodies targeting the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein. Zost SJ, Gilchuk P, Chen RE, Case JB, Reidy JX, Trivette A, Nargi RS, Sutton RE, Suryadevara N, Chen EC, Binshtein E, Shrihari S, Ostrowski M, Chu HY, Didier JE, MacRenaris KW, Jones T, Day S, Myers L, Lee FE, Nguyen DC, Sanz I, Martinez DR, Rothlaud PW, Bloyet L, Whelan SPJ, Baric RS, Thackray LB, Diamond MS, Carnahan RH, Crowe JE. Nature Medicine, Sep 2020.
- Bicelles rich in both sphingolipids and cholesterol and their use in studies of membrane proteins. Hutchison JM, Shih K, Scheidt HA, Fantin SM, Parson KF, Pantelopulos GA, Harrington HR, Mittendorf KF, Voehler MW, Ruotolo BT, Huster D, McFeeters RL, Straub JE, Nieh M, Sanders CR. JACS, July 2020.
- Potently neutralizing and protective human antibodies against SARS-CoV-2. Zost SJ, Gilchuk P, Case JB, Binshtein E, Chen RE, Nkoloa JP, Schafer A, Reidy JX, Trivette A, Nargi RS, Sutton RE, Suryadevara N, Martinez DR, Williamson LE, Chen EC, Jones T, Day S, Myers L, Hassan AO, Kafai NM, Winkler ES, Fox JM, Shrihari S, Mueller BK, Meiler J, Chandrashekar A, Mercado NB, Steinhardt JJ, Ren K, Loo Y, Kallewaard NL, McCune BT, Keeler SP, Holzman MJ, Barouch DH, Gralinski LE, Baric RS, Thackray LB, Diamond MS, Carhahan RH, Crowe JE. Nature, Jul 2020.
- Functional properties of Helicobacter pylori VacA toxin m1 and m2 variants. Caston RR, Sierra JC, Foegeding NJ, Truelock MD, Campbell AM, Frick-Cheng AE, Bimczok D, Wilson KT, McClain MS, Cover TL. Infection and Immunity, Jun 2020.
- Structural elucidation of the Clostridioides difficle transferase toxin reveals a single-site binding mode for the enzyme. Sheedlo MJ, Anderson DM, Thomas AK, Lacy DB. PNAS, Feb 2020.
- Mammalian retromer is an adaptable scaffold for cargo sorting from endosomes. Kendall AK, Xie B, Xu P, Wang J, Burcham R, Frazier MN, Binshtein E, Wei H, Graham TR, Nakagawa T, Jackson LP. Structure, Feb 2020.
- AMPA receptor structure and auxiliary subunits. Kamalova A, Nakagawa T. Journal of Physiology, Jan 2020.
- Cryo-EM structure of human type-3 inositol triphosphate receptor reveals the presence of a self-binding peptide that acts as an antagonist. Azumaya CM, Linton EA, Risener CJ, Nakagawa T, Karakas E. Journal of Biological Chemistry, Jan 2020.
- Structures of the AMPA receptor in complex with its auxiliary subunit cornichon. Nakagawa T. Science, Dec 2019.
- Bacterial Energetic Requirements for Helicobacter pylori Cag TypeIV secretion system-dependent alterations in gastric epithelial cells. Lin AS, Dooyema SDR, Frick-Cheng AE, Harvey ML, Suarez G, Loh JT, McDonald WH, McClain MS, Peek Jr RM, Cover TL. Infection and Immunity, Nov 2019.
- Structural Insights into the Transition of Clostridioides difficile Binary Toxin from Prepore to Pore. Anders DM, Sheedlo MJ, Jensen JL, Lacy DB. Nature Microbiology, Nov 2019.
- Dominant Negative MA-CA Fusion Protein is Incorporated into HIV-1 Cores and Inhibits Nuclear Entry of Viral Preintegration Complexes. Anderson-Daniels J, Singh PK, Sowd GA, Li W, Engelman AN, Aiken C. Journal of Virology, Nov 2019.
- Structure-function analyses of the ion channel TRPC3 reveal that its cytoplasmic domain allosterically modulates channel gating. Sierra-Valdez F, Azumaya CM, Romero LO, Nakagawa T, Cordero-Morales JF. Journal of Biological Chemistry, Aug 2018.
- Multifunctional pan-ebolavirus antibody recognizes a site of broad vulnerability on the ebolavirus glycoprotein. Gilchuk P, Kuzmina N, Ilinykh PA, Huang K, Gunn BM, Bryan A, Davidson E, Doranz BJ, Turner HL, Fusco ML, Bramble MS, Hoff NA, Binshtein E, Kose N, Flyak AI, Flinko R, Orlandi C, Carnahan R, Parrish EH, Sevy AM, Bombardi RG, Singh PK, Mukadi P, Muyembe-Tamfum JJ, Ohi MD, Saphire EO, Lewis GK, Alter G, Ward AB, Rimoin AW, Bukreyev A, Crowe JE Jr. Immunity, Jul 2018.
- Cryo-EM structure of the cytoplasmic domain of murine transient receptor potential cation channel subfamily C member 6 (TRPC6). Azumaya CM, Sierra-Valdez F, Cordero-Morales JF, Nakagawa T. Journal of Biological Chemistry, Jul 2018.
- Human antibody recognition of antigenic site IV on Pneumovirus fusion proteins. Mousa JJ, Binshtein E, Human S, Fong RH, Alvarado G, Doranz BJ, Moore ML, Ohi MD, Crowe JE Jr. PLoS Pathogens, Feb 2018.
- A neutralizing antibody that blocks delivery of the enzymatic cargo of Clostridium difficile toxin TcdB into host cells. Kroh HK, Chandrasekaran R, Zhang Z, Rosenthal K, Woods R, Jin X, Nyborg AC, Rainey GJ, Warrener P, Melnyk RA, Spiller BW, Lacy DB. Journal of Biological Chemistry, Jan 2018.
- Use of a neutralizing antibody helps identify structural features critical for binding of Clostridium difficile toxin TcdA to the host cell surface. Kroh HK, Chandrasekaran R, Rosenthal K, Woods R, Jin X, Ohi MD, Nyborg AC, Rainey GJ, Warrener P, Spiller BW, Lacy DB. Journal of Biological Chemistry, Sep 2017.
- Peripheral myelin protein 22 alters membrane architecture. Mittendorf KF, Marinko JT, Hampton CM, Ke Z, Hadziselimovic A, Schlebach JP, Law CL, Li J, Wright ER, Sanders CR, Ohi MD. Science Advances, Jul 2017.
- Epitopes and Mechanism of Action of the Clostridium difficile Toxin A-Neutralizing Anti8body Actoxumab. Hernandez LD, Kroh HK, Hsieh E, Yang X, Beaumont M, Sheth PR, DiNunzio E, Rutherford SA, Ohi MD, Ermakov G, Xiao L, Secore S, Karczewshi J, Racine F, Mayhood T, Fischer P, Sher X, Gupta P, Lacy DB, Therien AG. Journal of Molecular Biology, Apr 2017.
- While the revolution will not be crystallized, biochemistry reigns supreme. Takizawa Y, Binshtein E, Erwin AL, Pyburn TM, Mittendorf KF, Ohi MD. Protein Science, Jan 2017.