Care.com Back-up Childcare
Care.com services are offered to Vanderbilt benefits-eligible faculty and staff.
- Faculty and staff may use up to 5 days combined of childcare and adult care each contract year
(July 1 - June 30).
- All Care.com child caregivers are thoroughly screened, trained and experienced.
- Fees: Child care: $13.00/hour
HOW TO ENROLL
You will need your VU employee ID number when you enroll. Once you have your employee ID number, you can enroll on the vu.care.com website or call 855-781-1303.
- Note: if you previously used Care.com or Parents in a Pinch you will need to re-enroll at vu.care.com because your previous registration will not carry over.
HOW TO USE THIS RESOURCE
Once you've enrolled, it's easy to request a caregiver by using the vu.care.com portal or the Care @ work app — both are available 24/7 from your laptop, desktop, tablet or smartphone. If you don’t have a computer, you can call 855-781-1303 to request care. Payment is easy too — your credit card will be charged once the care is received and the hours are confirmed.
The vu.care.com portal includes a dashboard to show you how many days of backup care you have used.
- Please note that you need to request services at least 24 hours in advance, as an in-home assessment is required prior to scheduling confirmation.
Care.com does not employ any care provider or care seeker nor is it responsible for the conduct of any care provider or care seeker. Care.com provides information and tools to help care seekers and care providers connect and make informed decisions. However, each individual is solely responsible for selecting an appropriate care provider or care seeker for themselves or their families and for complying with all applicable laws in connection with any employment relationship they establish. The information contained in member profiles, job posts and applications are supplied by care providers and care seekers themselves and is not information generated or verified by Care.com. Care.com does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment or engage in any conduct that requires a professional license.