Child Care Center
VCFC offers early childhood care and education for the children of Vanderbilt faculty, staff, and students. The child care program serves children age infants (6 weeks) to five years old. The Centers are licensed by the Tennessee Department of Human Services.
- The Edgehill center is located at the corner of Edgehill Avenue and Appleton Drive.
- The 18th Avenue center is located at 1105 18th Avenue South.
- The 19th Avenue center is located at 1110 19th Avenue South.
- VCFC child care centers are open from 6:00 am - 6:00 pm Monday through Friday, year round. The centers are closed in alignment with the Vanderbilt University holiday calendar, unless otherwise noted.
Vanderbilt full-time employees who are benefits-eligible and Vanderbilt degree-seeking students are eligible to apply. A registration form must be completed and submitted to the Child Care Center Office. A $50.00 non-refundable registration fee is required. When the child is accepted for enrollment, the $50.00 registration fee will be applied to the $100.00 enrollment fee.
- Children are placed on the waiting list according to the date of application.
- Waiting list priority will be given to enrolled siblings.
- Openings are filled from the waiting list as soon as they become available.
- VCFC cannot guarantee or predict a start-date at the time of application.
- Parents are required to give a month's notice (or monetary equivalent) when withdrawing their child. This practice allows VCFC to contact those on the waiting list.
- To be placed on the waiting list, parents must have a projected due date confirmed by a doctor.