October 6-15, 2023
From $6,490 Per Person Based on Double Occupancy.
Professor Eddie Wright-Rios, a cultural historian specializing in modern Mexico, will be the faculty leader on this adventure to the Yucatan.
On October 14, 2023, a 'ring of fire' Annular Solar Eclipse will rip across the western U.S. and parts of the Yucatán in Mexico as well as Central and South America. Take an opportunity to see a spectacular annular eclipse among the ruins of the mighty Maya civilization. Meet in Cancún before heading off to Cobá, Chichén Itzá, Ek Balam, Uxmal, Mérida, and Campeche. The ring of fire will reign for 4 minutes and 31 seconds while very high in the darkened sky.
Call (615) 322-3673 or contact us to learn more and register.
- English speaking Tour Director exclusive to Vanderbilt
- Local Mexican guides and drivers
- Transportation by private vehicle with A/C
- All breakfasts, 7 lunches, 1 box lunch, 6 dinners
- Welcome and farewell cocktails
- Wine with welcome and farewell dinners
- Beer with lunches
- Celebration with champagne/prosecco after eclipse
- Entrance fees to archeological sites and elsewhere
- Service and taxes on meals
- Tips to local guides, drivers, and wait staff
- Tips to maids and bellboys
- Hotel room taxes
- Individual Transfers to Campeche or Mérida airport at the end of trip