Vanderbilt has launched an improved online community, designed to help you stay connected. Your new community provides an immersive experience:
- Learn about the latest chapter events, career resources and news from your alma mater
- Search the upgraded directory to find new friends and start building professional relationships
- Find opportunities to share advice with students and alumni interested in your career path with our Career Adviser Network
Parts of our community are behind a secure log in, including our directory and updating your profile. This helps to ensure your information is protected, and gives you control over how much personal data you share. Learn how to log-in and get connected based on your relationship within the VU Community:
VUconnect requires a secure log in for certain features of the website (directory, profile updates). Event registration allows for optional log in.
A VUnet ID is required for log in.
Already have your VUnet ID? Go to the login page and sign in.
If you do not have VUnet ID, fill out our online request form and a member of our team will get back to you shortly with your VUnetID.
Have general questions about the online community? Email email@example.com.
Log in to VUconnect using your Vanderbilt credentials (VUnet ID and e-password). Trouble with your VUnet ID and e-password? Contact VUIT for assistance.
Faculty & Staff
Faculty and staff who work with students in certain capacities (typically career based conversations) may request access. To get started, email firstname.lastname@example.org to begin discussing your needs.
Parents, Families, and Friends
Parents, families and friends are welcome to attend events, which do not require a log in to register. Parents, families and friends are not provided access to the online directory at this time, nor are they able to update their information online. Parents and families should email email@example.com with any updates.
What Can You Do Within VUconnect?
Edit your profile to update your contact information. To receive event invitations and news for your city be sure to update your email and address in VUconnect.
- Directory searches: find classmates or colleagues with our robust search tools. Visit and revisit the Career Adviser Network to locate professionals in industries, organizations and/or locations that interest you - these volunteers may be willing to impart career advice that helps you on your journey!
- Chapter events: attend an upcoming event, and find a connection to alumni, parents, students and friends. Hard-working volunteers-with assistance from the Alumni Association-plan and implement a full calendar of events and programming for our international network of chapters.
- Learn more about the variety of career programming available, including career coaches, webinars, job search tools, and resumé pointers.
- Opportunities abound to learn from professors during Commodore Classroom stops, or travel tours. Commodore Classrooms and travel tours bring professors to you for enriching discussions on a variety of topics.
- Online opportunities to connect with your Vanderbilt continue to grow. Keep up with all things VU, and explore Research News@VU, Coursera and Experts @ VU. See more online opportunities listed here.
- Local to Nashville? Consider taking part in the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI), library services, and other offerings
- Take advantage of the great benefits available to you as as a member of the Commodore Nation
- Volunteer to support students professionally or academically by updating your profile with areas of expertise and interest, as well as your connection to alumni affinity groups.
- Nominate a deserving alumnus/na for an Alumni Association Award. Learn more about the awards program, and nominations
- Make a gift to Vanderbilt today. Every gift makes a vital difference.
When utilizing the online community, please be mindful of the following guidelines:
Information available through VUconnect may be used for specific personal and university-approved purposes only. Use of information or communications available through VUconnect for any solicitation, commercial, public, or political purposes is strictly prohibited. Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to:
- Activities that are illegal or fraudulent
- Use that inaccurately implies endorsement, approval, or sponsorship by Vanderbilt University or the Vanderbilt Alumni Association
- Use that can be confused with official communications of Vanderbilt University or its leadership
- Use that can be confused with official communications of Vanderbilt Chapters or other authorized alumni leaders
- Print or electronic mass mailings (sometimes known as "spamming"), advertising or solicitations for fundraising, political purposes, religious purposes, commercial services, or cold-calling
- Hate speech and harassment
- Activities that violate other VUconnect users' privacy, such as granting access to the system or distributing information obtained from VUconnect to non-registered individuals
Vanderbilt University may deny further access to these services to those who engage in these or similar practices. View all VUconnect policies.