October 4-16, 2023
From $6,984 Per Person Based on Double Occupancy. Air Inclusive From Select Gateway Cities.
Special guests or host TBD
A truly foreign and fascinating land of rich traditions and dizzying modernity is revealed on this well-crafted 13-day small group tour. See Tokyo and Kyoto's highlights, engage in local life, and head off the beaten path to alluring historic destinations. Begin in amazing Tokyo, where sightseeing includes the imposing Imperial Palace, Meiji Shrine, and a calligrapher's gallery. Then encounter magnificent Mt. Fuji and cruise on scenic Ashi Lake. After overnighting in a traditional ryokan inn, travel by express train to lovely Takayama in the Japanese Alps. A traditional tea ceremony and a cooking class offer opportunities to experience Japanese culture firsthand. In culturally rich Kanazawa, visit famed Kenrokuen Garden and a gold leaf museum. Touring of Japan's cultural capital, Kyoto, includes the beloved Golden Pavilion temple, the extravagant Nijo-jo Castle, and the important Fushimi Inari shrine.
Hiroshima post-tour option available. Discover cosmopolitan Hiroshima, reborn from its atomic destruction, with an optional 3-day/2-night post-tour extension.
Call (615) 322-3673 or contact us to learn more and register.
- Round-trip air transportation from listed city
- 11 nights' accommodations: 10 nights in Deluxe and First Class hotels; 1 night in traditional Japanese ryokan
- 19 meals: 11 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 6 dinners
- Extensive sightseeing, as described, including all entrance fees •Services of a Tour Director
- Private motorcoach transportation throughout your trip
- Rail transportation for portions of the tour
- Luggage handling for one bag per person
- Gratuities for local guides, dining room servers, airport and hotel porters, and all drivers