How to Get a Personal Trainer – Policies & Procedures
The Office of Campus Recreation (OCR) offers Personal Training services to its members as a fee based service in an effort to bring them closer to their health goals. The certified trainers are screened by the OCR staff to ensure a high quality of service and a commitment to the wellness philosophy.
To sign up for Personal Training Sessions:
1) Visit the OCR Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 PM (Second Floor of the Rec. Center)
2) Fill out the registration forms. A doctor’s consent and clearance from a certified athletic trainer may be required depending on your health history.
3) You may either request a trainer or you will be matched with one that will best suit your needs. If you request a trainer, we will make every effort to match you with that trainer. If that is not possible, you will be matched with the one that best suits your needs.
4) Pay for your sessions in OCR. Sessions are paid by cash or check; payment cannot be made from the Commodore Card. Payment is due at registration.
5) The trainer will contact you to set up the appointments.
Other Stuff to know
Training times run approximately one hour. Clients and trainers do not have priority over equipment in the Fitness Center. All members should demonstrate the usual courtesy when waiting for equipment by allowing people to “work in” and so on. Relay any concerns to the Fitness Center staff, or to the OCR staff.
One Person………………..$50.00 per hour Individual Personal Training
2-3 individuals………………$40/hour/person* $10 discount per hour!
4-5 individuals………………$35/hour/person* $15 discount per hour!
*Individuals wanting to do Group Training must be at similar or equal Fitness levels – to be determined by the Personal Trainer*
Minimum number of sessions = Three
Maximum number of sessions = Ten
(no more than 10 sessions can be purchased at one time)
One week is given for each session. All sessions must be completed within that time frame, and the contract may be voided, and no money is refunded. For example, 5 sessions must be completed within 5 weeks of the first session.
TRY THIS TOO!
It is strongly encouraged for the member to have a fitness assessment before beginning with their Personal Trainer. This is a free service available in the Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center by appointment only. Once you begin personal training, you may receive a fitness or body fat assessment from your trainer.
Fitness Assessment Information can be found by visiting: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/recreationandwellnesscenter/fitness/assessments/
To terminate the contract and receive a refund, see the OCR. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your trainer, you can have your remaining sessions transferred to another trainer.
To find out more please contact Jennifer E. Ray, Interim Activities Coordinator for Wellness at firstname.lastname@example.org.