The Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center (VRWC) strives to serve Vanderbilt students, faculty, staff, and the Nashville community.
Did you hear? We were named #16 of the 50 Fittest Colleges in America! Stop by and enjoy one of our group fitness classes to celebrate! (You can read the article here)
“Basically, if you want to be all-over healthy, hit up Vanderbilt.” We were named #4 in College Magazine’s Top 10 Colleges for Health and Wellness! Read the article here.
For our new Online Reservation system, click here.
VRWC Floor Plans
For questions about the Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center, please contact one of our staff members.
We want to know what YOU think of the VRWC
Please take a moment and tell us what you think by completing the surveys below.
Tours - The Welcome Center at the VRWC will be happy to give you a tour of the New Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center. Please call or stop by our Welcome Center / Front Desk for more information or for a tour.
Now serving snacks!
Spring 2016 Semester Hours
Monday – Friday: 11am – 10:30 pm
Saturday 10am – 9:30pm
Sunday 1pm – 9:30pm
- Spring Swim School Registration now open! Click here for more info
- Summer 2016 Youth Programs Registration begins February 29th! More info coming soon!
- Now seeking Swim Instructors for Spring and Summer lessons! More information here.
- New Youth Programs are starting this spring: Youth Boxing and Youth Tumbling Session 2 registration open now! Get more information here.
- Now seeking Lifeguards for Spring and Summer! More information here.
- Lifeguard Certification Course: February 22nd-26th from 4:30-9:00 pm each day. More information here
- Putting the fun back into fitness! Biggest Winner is back and better than ever! Registration ends February 19th so reserve your spot today!
- Interested in learning new exercises and using new equipment here at the VRWC? Join us Monday Nights in the Fitness Center for Motion Cage Mondays! More info here.
- Beginner Boxing Clinic Session 1 info-registration now open!
- Gulf Coast Spring Break Trip spots still available! Sign up today to secure your spot. More information here.
- Nutrition Minute: February Dates
- Vandy Cooks: February 12th 12-1 PM with Executive Chef Moran – Heart Healthy Desserts
- Personalized Nutrition Coaching
- We now offer nutrition programming for Sport Clubs! More information here.
- Massage Therapy is here! More information about requesting an appointment here.
- LifePhase Series: “Flower Gardening – Tips and Trends” on Thur. February 11th from 12-1 PM. More info here.
- Explore the new WELLO! blog for your bi-weekly words of wellness! Current blog: “Beginner’s Guide to Meditation” by Leah Ehler
- Attention RA’s: Sign up for “Ready-made bulletin boards”!
As we enter storm and inclement weather season, we would like to remind our patrons of our inclement weather policies and procedures. Once a lifeguard sees lightning and/or hears thunder, the pool is cleared immediately. Everyone must be completely out of the water and away from the glass windows. The pool is to remain clear until there is no longer a threat of imminent danger. Typically this closing will last a minimum of 30 minutes dependent on current weather conditions. The Facility Supervisor will have a weather radar pulled up to assist and provide warnings as necessary.
Tornado Watch – Although the actual conditions in the area may not be presently threatening, there is a strong chance of dangerous winds, maybe a tornado. When the facility supervisor or a radio announcement has been made, the lifeguard is prepared to clear the pool if necessary.
Tornado Warning- If a tornado warning has been issued, the aquatic staff immediately instructs all patrons to clear the pool and seek the designated shelter areas immediately. Shelter areas are located in the lower corridors (hallway to men’s and women’s locker rooms.) Patrons may leave the building if they choose, but are strongly advised to seek immediate shelter within the Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center.