The Student Recreation Center has become the Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center (VRWC). The new name reflects the combining of Recreation and Wellness that serves our entire community. This combination and focus is consistent with the latest trends within Higher Education and, with our state of the art new facility, positions Vanderbilt as a national leader in this area.
Did you know? You are able to use your Go For The Gold credit toward your VRWC membership in the 2016 year. Check in with one of our staff members for more information!
For up to date listing of Fieldhouse hours and reservations times, please click here.
The VRWC will have modified operating hours during Fall Break (October 14-17) and resume normal hours on Sunday, October 18. There will also be modified Pool hours (October 14-18). Please see our hours of operation for more information. Please contact our staff with questions or concerns you may have.
For our new Online Reservation system, click here.
VRWC Floor Plans
To view a video of Inside Vanderbilt’s New Multipurpose Facility, click here.
For questions about the Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center, please contact one of our staff members.
We want to know what YOU think of the VRWC
Please take a moment and tell us what you think by completing the surveys below.
New study links Rec Center use with better grades. Check it out here, then check us out.
Tours - The Office of Campus Recreation will be happy to give you a tour of the New Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center. Please call or stop by our Welcome Center / Front Desk for more information or for a tour.
Now serving snacks!
Fall 2015 Semester Hours
Monday – Friday: 11am – 10:30 pm
Saturday 10am – 9:30pm
Sunday 1pm – 9:30pm
- Holiday CampVandy information coming soon!
- Fall Swim Lessons Registration Available
- Vanderbilt Acorns Swim League is now year round! Register today!
- Don’t miss our October 13th Fitness Competition. More info here.
- 5K & Half Marathon Running Clinics now through October 29th!
- Walking Wednesdays now through November 11th. More info here
- Join us as we celebrate Food Day with our friends at Health Plus on Friday, October 23 from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. More info here.
- Nutrition Minute: October Dates
- Vandy Cooks: October 14th 5-6 PM
- Personalized Nutrition Coaching
- Fall 2015 Trips registration available! More information here
- Click here to view photos from the 2015 Alaska Trip
- Wellness Bash is Oct 28th-Register for a free booth here!
- Help us partner with the Nashville Rescue Mission: “Undie Raiser”
- Vandy Walks “Ghost Trees & Urban Legends”: Oct 29th, 12-1pm
- Life Phase Series “Composting & ‘Need to Know’ for Successful Gardening” October 8, 12-1 pm
- Explore the new WELLO! blog for your bi-weekly words of wellness!
As we enter storm and inclement weather season, we would like to remind our patrons of our inclement weather policies and procedures. Once a lifeguard sees lightning and/or hears thunder, the pool is cleared immediately. Everyone must be completely out of the water and away from the glass windows. The pool is to remain clear until there is no longer a threat of imminent danger. Typically this closing will last a minimum of 30 minutes dependent on current weather conditions. The Facility Supervisor will have a weather radar pulled up to assist and provide warnings as necessary.
Tornado Watch – Although the actual conditions in the area may not be presently threatening, there is a strong chance of dangerous winds, maybe a tornado. When the facility supervisor or a radio announcement has been made, the lifeguard is prepared to clear the pool if necessary.
Tornado Warning- If a tornado warning has been issued, the aquatic staff immediately instructs all patrons to clear the pool and seek the designated shelter areas immediately. Shelter areas are located in the lower corridors (hallway to men’s and women’s locker rooms.) Patrons may leave the building if they choose, but are strongly advised to seek immediate shelter within the Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center.