The Student Recreation Center has become the Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center (VRWC). The new name reflects the combining of Recreation and Wellness that serves our entire community. This combination and focus is consistent with the latest trends within Higher Education and, with our state of the art new facility, positions Vanderbilt as a national leader in this area.
Did you know? You are able to use your Go For The Gold credit toward your VRWC membership in the 2016 year. Check in with one of our staff members for more information!
Did you hear? We were named #16 of the 50 Fittest Colleges in America! Stop by and enjoy one of our group fitness classes to celebrate! (You can read the article here)
For our new Online Reservation system, click here.
VRWC Floor Plans
For questions about the Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center, please contact one of our staff members.
We want to know what YOU think of the VRWC
Please take a moment and tell us what you think by completing the surveys below.
Tours - The Welcome Center at the VRWC will be happy to give you a tour of the New Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center. Please call or stop by our Welcome Center / Front Desk for more information or for a tour.
Now serving snacks!
Fall 2015 Semester Hours
Monday – Friday: 11am – 10:30 pm
Saturday 10am – 9:30pm
Sunday 1pm – 9:30pm
- Holiday CampVandy Registration is open! Register here.
- December Youth Swim Clinics Registration is open! More information here.
- Now seeking Swim Instructors for Spring and Summer lessons! More information here.
- Youth Boxing Spring Clinic Info Here!
- NEW Music, Gym and Movement classes for Adult & Child. Info Here!
- Spring Break 2016 Trips registration available! More information here
- Come take a tour of the Outdoor Rental Center and see all the equipment available to rent!
- We will have modified pool hours during Exam Week, December 11-19. More info here
- Now seeking Lifeguards for Spring and Summer! More information here.
- Buy 2, Get 1 Group Personal Training & Boxing Lessons Promotion – November 1-December 31st
- December Expresso Challenge: “King of the Mountains“
- Beginner Boxing Clinic Session 1 info-registration open soon!
- Spring Intramurals are coming in January! Our first spring sport, Men’s and Women’s Basketball, begins January 24 with sign ups from January 11-15.
- View photos from our October Vandy Cooks here.
- Nutrition Minute: December Dates
- Vandy Cooks: December 11th 12-1 PM
- Personalized Nutrition Coaching
- Help us partner with the Nashville Rescue Mission: “Undie Raiser”
- Explore the new WELLO! blog for your bi-weekly words of wellness! Current blog: “An Experiment in Studying Smart” by McKenzie Jones
As we enter storm and inclement weather season, we would like to remind our patrons of our inclement weather policies and procedures. Once a lifeguard sees lightning and/or hears thunder, the pool is cleared immediately. Everyone must be completely out of the water and away from the glass windows. The pool is to remain clear until there is no longer a threat of imminent danger. Typically this closing will last a minimum of 30 minutes dependent on current weather conditions. The Facility Supervisor will have a weather radar pulled up to assist and provide warnings as necessary.
Tornado Watch – Although the actual conditions in the area may not be presently threatening, there is a strong chance of dangerous winds, maybe a tornado. When the facility supervisor or a radio announcement has been made, the lifeguard is prepared to clear the pool if necessary.
Tornado Warning- If a tornado warning has been issued, the aquatic staff immediately instructs all patrons to clear the pool and seek the designated shelter areas immediately. Shelter areas are located in the lower corridors (hallway to men’s and women’s locker rooms.) Patrons may leave the building if they choose, but are strongly advised to seek immediate shelter within the Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center.