Summer Research Program 2020
The Vanderbilt Biophotonics Center (VBC) is launching its second summer research program in 2020 and will be bringing students to campus to work closely with VBC faculty on biophotonics-related research projects. The paid 10-week program will provide undergraduates with the opportunity to have first-hand research experience in laboratory research.
For more information, please see the program poster here.
Insights on the research program from program alumni can be found here.
- 10 weeks
Several projects to potentially engage in
- Note: These are samples of the types of projects you might be assigned to - last year, students assumed that they were choosing faculty/project, not the other way around.
- Direct faculty member supervision
- Work with other faculty, graduate students, and undergraduate students
- December 15, 2019 -- Application Opens
- March 15, 2020 -- Student Application Deadline
- March 30, 2020 -- Notification of Candidacy
- April 15, 2020 -- Deadline for students to reply/confirm
- May 24, 2020 -- On-campus housing becomes available
- May 25, 2020 -- Memorial Day (Holiday)
- May 26, 2020 -- Program Start Date
- July 31, 2020 -- Program End Date
In order for your application to be considered, download this document and fill it out. Attach the filled out document and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: Biophotonics Summer Research. Questions and inquiries may also be addressed to the same email.