Student Spotlight: Peyton Hudson ’26

Posted by on Thursday, March 14, 2024 in Student Spotlight.

Today we are highlighting Peyton Hudson (’26) and her experience with Vanderbilt’s Data Science Minor!

“My experience with the Data Science Minor program began my second semester of freshman year. I came to Vanderbilt with no experience in coding or data analytics, but I was excited to learn. All of the courses have given me a better understanding of technology and taught me how to utilize data in a variety of fields. I am also involved with the Data Science Minor because I work as a grader for DS 1000. I decided to become a grader for this class because of how much I enjoyed taking it myself. By the end of the course, you can use multiple data science techniques and skills in R to create powerful visualizations. Not to mention, Professor Bisbee does an amazing job teaching the course, and I couldn’t ask for a better professor to work with. Whenever someone asks me about my studies at Vanderbilt, I make sure to talk about the Data Science Minor because I truly believe it is one of the best programs we offer. I encourage everyone to give it a try regardless of their background or prior experience. You never know; you might even discover a newfound passion for data science!”

Tags:

VIEW MORE EVENTS >